Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎08-29-2008
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


dsn101 wrote:

In HUB, I select an email account to view. When that email account screen appears, the heading is generic. By this, I mean to say that if one has several Yahoo email accounts, the account screen header displays only "Yahoo." It does not display WHICH Yahoo email account I'm viewing.


Go to Settings > Accounts

 

Choose one of your Yahoo accounts. Edit the Description field to whatever fits.

 

Do that for each Yahoo account.

 

Now you can diffrentiate your accounts in the heading.

Posts: 94,236
Likes: 24,333
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


freakinvibe wrote:

Do that for each Yahoo account.

 

Now you can diffrentiate your accounts in the heading.


Yes!

 

Just ask questions... people here are happy to help you!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

Well, in fact, I did ask where the battery percentage number could be found.

 

Sorry, but I don't consider posting experience and perceptions to be ranting. I'm actually taking the time to post here so that BB comes to understand just how tenuous it's future is when completely loyal users such as I are so very displeased with their latest and greatest.

 

If that's annoying, then the company and it's straw personas have no business being in business.

 

And really the question becomes: Why is it necessary to ask so many questions about an evolutionary device?

It should have been even easier to adopt than it's predecessors.

 

Now, I hope you don't consider these thoughts to be bashing as opposed to considered opinions and questions based upon experience.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

Thank you. D

Posts: 94,236
Likes: 24,333
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


dsn101 wrote:

 

And really the question becomes: Why is it necessary to ask so many questions about an evolutionary device?

It should have been even easier to adopt than it's predecessors.


errr, because you failed to read a manual or guide? Maybe?

 

dsn101, this is brand new platform.. only months old and the Q10 even newer. Did you every use an iPhone and wonder why you could cut and paste text? They waited FOUR years to add that.

Just this week Apple the revolutionary idea of being able to CREATE Word and Excel spreadsheets on the device, soimething I've been doing ON the BlackBerry for what, four years?

 

Why is it necessary to ask questions.. cause you've never used one before.

Same thing I had to when I first set foot on the (new to me) Massey Ferguson tractor at my farm. What's this gear do? That lever does what? What speed for this job? That spinning thing is what? Where do I check the oil... all because it was NEW to me.

 

Sorry.. battery percentage is at Settings > About > Hardware. Yea, too many dang steps, so I downloaded a free battery app. Free.

 

What other questions? Sorry for my ranting, but I hope you understand, just as I am trying to understand others, as well.

 

And we aren't "straw personas". We're users just like you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

I don't consider you be ranting. But I do wonder why you're exasperated insofar as my posts are concerned.

It seems to me that we differ globally in perspective here.

My perspective is that in a marketplace, it's the responsibility of the builder and/ or purveyor  - BB - to make transition easy for me, it's user, so that I will continue to use it's products.

BlackBerry doesn't set policy, as does a government, to which I'm required to adapt.

The fact that OS10 and the devices are new platforms and hardware is erroneous. As with a car, I should be able to drive away from a dealership without having to read a manual.

To understand NEW features and functions, I would expect a learning curve.

To use previously tried and true features and functions, I would expect them to be as easy to use as, or easier than, they had been in earlier models.

(BTW, I'm graduate educated to WRITE manuals, specs and instruction sets.)

Comparing Apple to BB is fruitless in this conversation; better to compare Apples to Apples.

I believe Apple was personality driven for most of it's existence and iPhone was conceived as a functional accessory, as were so many other Apple products. I believe BB, from it's start, was a market driven company.

Our exchanges, to me, are academic argumentation. I'm not at all exasperated. Rather, I'm intrigued by your thoughts.

Posts: 94,236
Likes: 24,333
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


dsn101 wrote:

To understand NEW features and functions, I would expect a learning curve.

To use previously tried and true features and functions, I would expect them to be as easy to use as, or easier than, they had been in earlier models.


This is not the legacy BlackBerry devices you might have been used to. Trust me. Walk away from what you thought you knew about BlackBerrys.

 

It's a whole new platform. It has not been seen before.

 

Yea, you can throw a SIM in and start using it, I did (with the Z10) on January 30th and I was frustrated as all get out for about a 3-4 days or longer.

 

And you can drop a new car in Drive, press the gas and drive away in your new car and when you start pecking at the GPS and the BT audio and trying to line a jack up under the bumper, you might very well pull out a manual. I bet you would need to.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

Again, we differ here globally.

BlackBerry users ARE legacy types.

Most of us want the keyboard. Most of us want basic phone/ contact/ email/ text functionality with the best of screen and browsing tech too, all of it intuitive as heck.

If the company believed that to survive or thrive it had to acquire NEW users accustomed to full glass devices, then it should've done a better job with the Z10.

And to retain legacy users, it should have been more concerned about evolving the keyboard device, and then transitioning legacy users to full glass at some point. In fact, simply by generational attrition, the vast majority of users will become all glass users.

But the trick was to retain the legacy types to support the transition.

The Q10, IMHO, isn't a good enough transition device to effectuate the ultimate objective.

Posts: 94,236
Likes: 24,333
Solutions: 6,331
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

OK, well, I like to assist and help others use their device.

Yes, BlackBerry must attract users from other devices to survive. And they already getting almost 60% of these device sales from iOS and Android users. Fact.

No, most of "us" don't want a keyboard. Or, back that up with stats.

 


dsn101 wrote:

The Q10, IMHO, isn't a good enough transition device to effectuate the ultimate objective.


And, you're wrong. Or, rather, at least I don't agree with that opinion of yours.

 

And that's ok, not everyone in life will always agree with either of us.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

I have not researched BB's markets, so I cannot promulgate such facts.

I can, however, say with certainty that every single BB user I know - or at least knew, because I now know only two, other than myself - wanted the confluence of BB keyboard and iPhone screen.

To me, that says Z10 form factor with Q10 keyboard.

Now, unless you are privy to internal BB market trend reports, I would not rely upon retrospective reports.

If you are privy to such reports, then I'll defer to your superior knowledge. If not, then I'll stick with my position because anecdotal trend reporting can be an excellent substitute for formal research, which often is shaped to support self-serving company objectives.

I'd say that's especially true when public companies hoping to influence financial market opinion are concerned.

About those anecdotals, I've watched entire law firms switch from BBs to iPhones because managing partners migrated.

If BB wants to recapture those power users and groups, then they should become more familiar with gatekeepers and that niche consumer behavior. All it would take is one absolutely must have and defensible app per group and free migration support.

Absent that, those users are gone.