Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Reply
Posts: 94,163
Likes: 24,317
Solutions: 6,329
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


lmgeuk wrote:

 

What fascinates me the most is the position J Sanders is taking - which is to effectively say "I dont agree with you, and I know a handful of others that agree with me, therefore you are wrong and I will shut my ears and dig my heals in" 


And, effectively, yourself and user dns is saying likewise (or did say) "I don't agree with you, and I know a handful of others that agree with me, therefore EVERYONE else is wrong and I have shut my ears and will dig my heals in".

 

So, you are disappointed, you are not the first and you are not the last. Many many others are happy and enjoying the Q10 and Z10.

 

To add some additional "fact to the fire" (not to get in the way of any your "feelings", but facts, they are a difficult thing to accepts, I know), read this: http://www.smartmoney.com/news/on/?story=on-20130613-000602&cid=1244&source=TheMotleyFool

 

It states:


Société Générale analyst Andy Perkins raised his rating on the smartphone maker's stock to buy from sell. In a research note, Perkins said expectations for BlackBerry's fiscal first-quarter results are "diverse" ahead of the report, scheduled for June 28.

 

However, Perkins said that "recent channel checks suggest that [BlackBerry's] new models are selling well," and he estimates the company will report more than 4 million sales of its Z10 handset.

 

EMC Corp. (EMC) also benefitted from an analyst upgrade, and Brent Bracelin of Pacific Crest Securities raised his rating on the storage-technology company to outperform from sector perform on expectations of a recovery cycle beginning in early 2014.


 

 

Yes, I know that refers to the Z10, we'll standby for the Q10 reports, but the preliminary reports I have read put the Q10 in sales above expectation as well.

 

but, let's not let some facts get in the way of a good argument.

 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Posts: 94,163
Likes: 24,317
Solutions: 6,329
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

1. I do not believe they can be alphabetized. But I might know a workaround for that. Let me think on it.

2. Read this and it should help you:  Article ID: KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10 OS

3. No. I'd like to see that change, however for now, get a fee battery app to show your battery charge (I'm using the paid Battery Guru app which is great).

4. apparently not.

5. hmm... can you further explain your need? "globally resolve"? Do you mean you want to move ALL "work" to "home", is this a phone number, address, or email address?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

[ Edited ]

Our posts crossed. Thanks. D

 

JSanders,

I'm dsn, not dns.

I'm not digging in my heels, and I'm not arguing.

I posted a list of Qs and some remarks. When you have a few moments, please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you. D

Posts: 94,163
Likes: 24,317
Solutions: 6,329
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

yes, dsn, not dns. Got it. thanks

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎06-12-2013
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

1. Alphabetizing isn't a necessity. But re-ordering the list would be very useful.

Re-ordering was possible on my 9650.

 

2. I'll read when on my system.

 

3. I appreciate your suggestion but for now will avoid installing the app.

This was possible on my 9650.

 

4. That's unfortunate because I use those fields very frequently.

This was the stasis condition on my 9650.

4a. Follow up question: Is there any way for native CONTACTS to auto populate Birthdays and Anniversaries in the native CALENDAR?

I believe this was previously considered, but it's so important to me that I'd like to reconsider it.

 

5. I'll expound upon this when on my computer.

 

Thanks again. D

Developer
Posts: 324
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

[ Edited ]

What to talk about legacy, if they change keyboard layout?!!! Why?!!!

 

Just imagine - you use BB about 5 years, you remember - SYM+Y will generate '='. But when you take Q10 there is another layout.

 

So... there is not legacy.

Posts: 94,163
Likes: 24,317
Solutions: 6,329
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!


AlexXF wrote:

 

So... there is not legacy.


Where did you come to imagine the Q10 was a holdover or throwback to a legacy device?

 

It's not. I don't believe BlackBerry has ever stated anything of the sort.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Posts: 324
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

JSanders, why need to change something like a keyboard layout for legacy customers?????

 

Okay, change at keyboard letters 'A' and 'B' and call it 'New experience'. People will loves you for that 'new experience', right?

Posts: 94,163
Likes: 24,317
Solutions: 6,329
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

AlexXF, you already have your own thread on your complaints.

I'm not getting in your issues in this this thread.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV


1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Posts: 324
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

JSaunders, just compare SYM symbols in BBOS and BB10, and give explanation - why you change keyboard layout for this? Is there any sense? Is it applicable for legacy users?