Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

AlexXF, you haven't read this thread.

• I did not change anything.
  • I don't work for BlackBerry.
  • I am a user just like you.
  • You are developer, you should know all this.
  • Get off my case.

**You already have your own thread on your complaints.

I'm not getting in your issues in this this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

Q10 worst "new" device ever!

Sorry to report another anecdote of attrition.

Of the two BlackBerry Bold friends I had remaining - they're huband and wife - only one now remains.

The husband's company just gave him a must use iPhone, and so he terminated his Bold.

Now, just the wife and I are the last BBers standing in my BB world.

(I suppose I should be a bit more careful in BBM now that hubby's excluded.)

And Wells Fargo today upgraded their $BBRY earnings estimates based on, and I quote:

We think expectations have recently risen for BB10 units (we est 3.5MM) and though we see some scope for upside potential, we are taking a conservative approach (as we do not have the precision to forecast timing and recognition of US units that could have shipped in the May quarter for sale in June). We raise August quarter ests on the back of Q10 sales and the addition of 1MM Q5 units (transfer of R&D employees could also help operating expense yet we est flat R&D)."

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Q10

I have to admit, I'm not happy with the "improvements". I can't get the speed dial feature to work even though I have found how to add people to the key press speed dial, it doesn't work. I press and all I get is a search screen. My contacts birthdays won't merge with my calendar. Tried adding an event but the birthday calendar isn't on the list to select. No way to easy answer or decline a call. Have to swipe up or down and get it just right... I don't care to use that much effort while driving. Then there is the voice control... It gives me a long "one moment" and then tells me unable to connect to voice control server. Useless! I can't even make a note to self without a connection to some online server that no doubt records all my commands and everything I dictate. So much for privacy! That feature won't be used!
Contributor

Update... I have now figured out the key press speed dial. When using my bold... I simply unlock the phone and press a key and hold.... With the Q10 however, you unlock the phone, tap to open the phone screen, tap to show onscreen keypad (although you don't need to use it) then you can press and hold the desired key on the non digital keys. Amazing! What was once such a simple feature is now complicated!

Ladyjay67, it is my understanding that the simpler traditional hard keyboard speed dial shortcuts will return.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370

@AlexXF

There is nothing "legacy" about BB10. It's an entirely new beginning and BlackBerry spent a ton of money advertising this very fact. Nobody using BlackBerrys as mission-critical communication devices has any business upgrading. It's just insane to do so. The decision to buy a BB10 device should be researched, carefully considered, reconsidered, and only then should that decision be made.
Contributor

That would be nice. This phone wouldn't be so bad if they had left the options blackberry had and just added a few new features. I use MemoPad daily... Well obviously not now. Key press speed dial was a daily used feature as well. I enjoy not missing birthdays with the reminders... Makes me seem far more caring and way less forgetful. The mouse should have stayed too. I also wish I could get rid of all those useless app icons but for now I just drag them to the last page. On my last phone I could just hide them. Oh and that auto dim feature is awful. It doesn't take in to account those of us that need the extra backlight. I do like many of the new features though. I can now search the web, send and receive email and pictures without hanging up. I like the principle of the VVM, if that feature actually starts working right. I have a weather app now that actually works. I like the idea of a front camera, but the image quality is awful. I have a few more days to decide if I'm taking it back and going back to the bold or curve. So far my old curve has been the best! I would still use it, but an update took out my email and nobody could fix it.

ladyjay67, use the Remember app for Memos, works great, and even better is Evernote as an account setup on your BlackBerry.

The calendar reminders for birthdays still works... at least it does on mine.

For the unwanted icons, I create a folder named "Junk" and drag those icons into it, then move the entire Junk folder to the last icon panel.

Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

@rambo47

So, it is not Blackberry, this is anything else.

Anyway - with this "new experience" they screwed up 70 millions of old loyal subscribers.

Great move. Go on!

I will to die this company that can throw all loyal base into towel and lie into the face at every step.

Palm do this - now Palm is dead.