Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever!

I do not put my personal notes or anything else anywhere but with me. No accounts... That's just stupid and asking for your privacy to be invaded.... I want things I have control over.... Not stored somewhere with someone I don't know. The rest of the world might be okay with all these apps that link to somewhere but not me.... And no, calander birthdays reminders dont work as they should....the calandar will tell me birthday If I want to add each one manually, but it does not link to my conacts like it did in my last three blackberries.
Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ladyjay67, ok, understood. Some people have different needs, and the fact that you have different needs does not make it "stupid" for another. I don't understand why you would choose to so belittle those who don't "think" like you.

Regardless, then don't user Evernote. Just use the Remember app.

If you could pause your critical words long enough to fully explain EXACTLY what is happening with your calendar, perhaps someone here will help you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I did not call anyone stupid, but rather the idea of online accounts with all your personal info up for grabs is stupid... I don't appreciate your putting words that are not there.... That's rude! People should be educated on the dangers and should not be blind to what is out there ... A world where banks, insurance companies and even the FBI have been hacked and personal information stolen... Why should anyone think Blackberry is immured?

Sorry, it's not "just stupid".  Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

No one is being rude, I happen to think your use of the word "stupid" is belittling. That's not rude for me to think so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I have spent the last 19 years educating people on personal security. Knowing other options and understanding the dangers is the key. Just the other day one of my customers asked me about an online site that stores passwords for all the sites she uses just in case she forgets. Yes, I used the word stupid! Not her, but the idea that a company is putting out such a service that would give anyone access to peoples web sites and passwords. I explained to her the dangers and a better and easier way to keep the information for easy and safe retrieval. She was grateful. She now knows the dangers and that there is a simple and easy way to do this same task without risk. I did not belittle anyone (except maybe the companies that would keep putting out such rubbish) I don’t think people are stupid at all, but I think they are being misled. People offer up there real full names for sites like Facebook and myspace without a care in the world, not because they are stupid but because for some reason the idea of handing out all your personal information is now okay! They even upload their GPS locations at any given time of the day. Has no one ever heard of stalkers? Really? or how about, my address is online and I just told 849 “friends” I’m not home. never mind I don’t actually know these people but hey, I’ll give them my address and hope nobody breaks in! 

This is still a free country at least for now and I’m free to use words of my choice and I’m not directing those words at a person at all. So there is nobody to belittle. The only one that tried to say otherwise is you. Trying to make it out as though I’m attacking people instead of an idea. Just one more method of companies trying to keep the truth out of site. 

Hey, you're welcome to say whatever you want and state your opinions all you desire.

And, others are welcome to challenge and voice their opinions on what you've stated.  I still say the use of the word "stupid" is belittling. You are free to disagree. No problem with that, I hope?

Anyway, back on topic... I offered you another solution for your Memos, actually a couple of options, that's all it was, take it or leave it. If you think it is "stupid", so be it. There are people who thought sailing west from Europe as a route to India was stupid also.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I already knew the options and I did not like them. I do not like the fact that this phone has made simple tasks now complicated. I do not like the fact that this phone has removed so many great features. Thus the idea behind the original post "Q10 worst "new" device ever!" The title doesn't insinuate I'm asking for help but rather a message to BB that something is wrong. I have figured out how to make the phone work, I have also figured out the glitches.... BB needs to know what the long time users are upset with. I'm all for new features but why dump good ones in the process?
New Contributor

I also own a Q10 but am using an older model due to features I use daily that have been eliminated. The feature I miss most is the ability to set alarms in the calendar app. I have too much coming at me at once to possibly remember everything so I set alarms to remind me of things. I also work in a noisy environment so I need more than a notification, I need an alarm that continues until I acknowledge it. I've been told by BB that this will be back in the next update. Really hoping to see it soon.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes it is! I have been remarkably underwhelmed by my bb Q10. They have lost all of the things that made blackberry great a great phone, texting and emailing machine! If I wanted to get a toy I would have gotten an iPhone.

First, do not say play with it more you'll get use to the new operatin system... I have and I get it and I am getting pretty fast on it but it's still so ridiculously inefficient and backwards. It I great with apps, facebook, surfing the web....but ummm making a phone call, sending a text, and emailing notes is a serious process.

Why is there no more keypad speed dial? Seriously? Three buttons for speed dial...stupid

Why are there only 3 ring tones and alerts that all sound remarkably the same?

Why when I start typing a name on the home screen does it pull up every iota of info from the web about the name except their contact info in my phone?

Why we. I click on phone and start typing in a name to call do they suddenly no exist? Ohhh but I go into my contacts and there their number is!Wtf

Why when in text message...when entering a contacts name would it pull up their email (sometimes multiple) their Facebook mail.... I am in the TEXT MESSAGE section.... If I was trying to email them I would have clicked on email

When in contacts please tell me why when I type "Steve" does "a one stop garden shop" Appear at the top of the list? Oh yea I guess there is an S and a T in that contacts info...stupid.

Why on earth are there to notifications on the main screen for emails? So at quick glance I can see if I have email or email for each account. Good bye note pad.... Hello reminder.... Ummm maybe I just want to take notes...and email them to someone....try that it's not as easy as you'd think.

When I end a call why does the phone app stay open? Hello random dialing to well no one in my contacts ha! Hub...why? If all my email accounts are listed below, and text messages, and Facebook....why do I need an additional space that mashes them all up?

I tuned off my BBM in the hub....still there. Can we talk about settings? Why are there only like 2 options for all the settings Again with only one alarm.... The black background...personally I hate it...hello impossible to see in the sun News updates...I've turned you off in every way possible yet you still pop up to tell me that Kate Middleton is going into labor.

I'm sorry but I don't want my entire facebook clan to pop up when I am trying to call to text someone....if their number isn't in my phone contacts I probably do not need or want to call them....meanwhile while still scrolling through 465867391 people just to dial dad Why cant I lock the calendar on month position? Or week position? Can I have that choice? Maybe it's me but my calendar reminders do not remind me.

They also no longer sit on my screen until I close the, (proving that I saw it!) When going to the hub.. . Why doesnt it set back to the hub...instead of leaving the last screen open? Why when I click on the last productive icon...text messages.... It takes me to the hub not text messages Ok so this could go on and on....but ultimately I feel stupid.

For years people have mocked my blackberry ways...why not upgrade, get an iPhone, get a droid, blackberry is losing it....but yet I always stood tall, because my phone was fast and efficient. Notes from a job site...already in your inbox, call a vendor 2seconds done...I had a phone and a productive no frills machine that got the job done why the rest struggled swiping around on their iPhones attempting to get to the app they wanted. I said it before and Ill say it again...I didn't go out to purchase a toy... I went out to purchase a workhorse phone. And this unfortunately is just a toy

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Q10 worst "new" device ever! (NOPE: ITS A GOOD PHONE - JUST SOFTWARE ISSUES NEEDING RESOLVED) !

I can't say the BB Q10 is the worse device ever!   I personally think Android OS sucks and its software certainly allows Google to do more data mining, data analytics and data correlation on its users.   I actually like the BB Q10.  What I don't like is the monumentous software issues out there facing the phones.  I think the BB10 software has been designed smartly, its somewhat pretty intuitive but there is a bit of a learning curve using the software (not the phone).  Most of us BB user's can adjust easily with the learning curve.  I think most BB user's will agree with me that there's no one software out there which works flawlessly.   

Sure, I'm madder than hell at BB for not getting it right the first-time nor second-time on many of its bugs but as a BB believer I'm sticking it out a few more months before I throw in the towel.  No one has a better phone out there than the BB Z10 and BB Q10. 

It's just too bad BB shipped the phones and software out of their doors before the software could be really throughly developed and fine-tuned.  I guess BB was freaking out with its stocks declining, however I think BB would had done better just putting off introducing the phones another 6 months and having worked on fine tuning the BB10 software so everyone would not be complaining and being inconvenienced.