Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q-10, SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Recipients suggested when composing new mail message

Blackberry Q-10, running software release 10.1.0.2011

When I select the icon for a new email message, I get a compose menu, and between the "To" section and the "Cc" section there are what look like suggested recipients which seem to be based on the email addresses of people from whom I have recently received email.  If I start typing an address in the "To" space, the suggestions go away and from then on I am in a regular composing window.

How can I disable this "suggestion"  feature?  And how can I keep the mail program from retaining all those addresses?

I don't keep email in the email app, by the way.  I delete a message after I read it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Recipients suggested when composing new mail message

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You cannot...refer:

• KB34771 BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows email suggestions for recipients in "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" fields

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Q-10, SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. I should have checked the KB first.

Pete
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are welcome...good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Telus

This is pure BS in that I am having the same problem in that when I want to compose a email message these two grey names appear and I don't want them there. I am uneasy in that an email may go to the wrong person. How do you get rid of this feature that I never asked for.

sdgardne wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You cannot...refer:

• KB34771 BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows email suggestions for recipients in "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" fields

Good luck!

Hall of Famer III

Hello,

This is not, as you so eloquently put, "pure BS". Rather, it is WAD -- Working As Designed. If you don't want something to go to the wrong person, then pay attention to what you are doing.

Also, do note that you have revived a thread that is more than 2 years old...and as such you infer that you are also running the OS version that the OP listed, which would be quite an ancient OS indeed!

Further, more KBs have been released on the topic...have you searched those yet? Perhaps this one would be useful to you:

Good luck!