Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Recurring meetings shifted wrongly after change of one occurrence

Hello everybody,

I observe an issue with instances of recurring meetings being wrongly shifted in time after changing date of one of the instances in the respective series (repeatedly and for different meetings/meeting series). It looks as if my current "distance" to UTC (including DST adjustment) is "re-applied" to the meeting instance (i.e. the meeting is shifted 2 hours forward compared to the original time; my timezone is GMT+1 and together with the current DST shift it equals to those 2 hours).

I use Q10 (SQN100-3, SW 10.1.0.1666) together with the BB Enterprise Server (BES) connected to MS Exchange plus MS Outlook 2007 on the desktop.

I haven't managed to discover all the dependencies and reproduce it reliably but the pattern is as follows:

- I have a recurring meeting (typically for half a year).

- I open one of the meeting instances in MS Outlook and change its date (e.g. move it by one week but without changing the starting and end time). An updated meeting invitation is sent to other meeting participants (I can see that it is correct in my "Sent" folder in MS Outlook and it also appears correctly in the MS Outlook calendar).

- Other meeting participants respond to my update request (I suspect that the problem is related to processing of these responses, but I cannot prove this suspicion).

- Later on I check my calendar (either on Q10 or MS Outlook) and realize that the meeting is wrongly shifted by 2 hours (or I don't realize it early enough and others start planning other meetings during the original timeslot since it appears free in my schedule on MS Exchange :-((( ). When checking the Sent folder in MS Outlook, there is no message about any further update of the meeting (which means that I couldn't have shifted the meeting by mistake myself, because MS Outlook 2007 simply doesn't allow you to save a meeting with changed times without sending an update request to other attendees); obviously, all the other participants still have the meeting scheduled with the right (original) time in their calendars.

I should add that this clearly started happening after I changed my BlackBerry device to the new BB10 version - nothing similar ever happened to me with the older BB devices (and corresponding BES version).

Anyone observing something similar? Is posting this information here sufficient for having someone from the developers having a look at this issue, or is there some other way how to pass it to the right people?

Thanks

Tomas

New Contributor
My Carrier: A1

Re: Recurring meetings shifted wrongly after change of one occurrence

Hello,

we have exact the same issue, also bb10 an exchange 2007.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Martin

Contributor

Hi again,

I have further analyzed the issue in order to find out dependencies on why it is shifted sometimes and sometimes not:

First of all, I can confirm that the shift is immediately triggered by opening certain invitation responses on my BlackBerry Q10 (while opening some other invitation responses does not trigger the issue). In other words - if I check the event on BlackBerry calendar just before opening the particular response from BlackBerry Hub and right after opening it, I can observe that it moved in the meantime.

Apart from the (so far confirmed) fact that it apparently happens only for irregular appointment instances from appointment series (as already indicated in my original submission), I have noticed that even different responses do or do not trigger the issue. In particular, I have noticed that responses from certain e-mail/calendar clients include information about the event with _wrong_ timezone information (as an example, a response from certain Windows Phone client ("PRODID=Microsoft Windows Phone") refers to "TZID=W. Europe Standard Time") and this response does _not_ trigger the issue, whereas a response coming from MS Outlook ("PRODID=Microsoft Exchange Server 2007") and correct timezone information (TZID="(GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague") _does_ trigger the issue. Obviously, the main issue is that invitation response should naturally _never_ trigger any update of the original event...

Hoping that this helps anyone to address the issue soon...

Tomas

Contributor

Yet another update - in addition to the steps described in my previous post, the wrong behaviour is also triggered when the Calendar application is running on BB Q10 at the moment when I send an update to the meeting from PC (MS Outlook). Apart from wrongly changing the time, there is also another wrong change performed by BB Q10 - if the title of the updated appointment differs from the one set for the whole series, title is "reset" to the original one by BB Q10 (also on MS Exchange).

Having any kind of response from the real support people would be really nice, since I believe that the description should be sufficient for reproduction and fixing of this issue...

Contributor

More input - it happens also with updates of recurring appointments organized by others. When looking at the update message on my Q10, I see that there is the following warning displayed next to the globe icon: "This event is displayed in local time, but was created in (UTC +01:00) Belgrade\, Budapest\, Ljubljana\, Prague.". Yet, timezone of my Q10 is set to "Sarajevo (+1)" which is technically the same as the timezone stated as the source (description of different timezone options offered in e.g. MS Outlook is different from timezone options on Q10, but the really important information should be the effective UTC offset).
My Carrier: Vip

Hi,

I also have problems with calendar for recurrence appointments. when i receive request from MS Outlook, in meeting requests/invitations they are shifted two hours later eg. meeting for 15:00 hours are shifted for 17:00 hours, but when i accept the request and check in calendar on Q10, everything is ok. start time is 15:00. 

i`m using MS exchange actyve sync. i`m on GMT+1

As i can see you have very similar issue on your devices. does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Dusan

New Contributor
My Carrier: A1

Hi,

we got some feedback from Blackberry. 

The problem is the firmware on the device.... and the issue is solved with the new firmware 10.2....should be released in november.

Martin

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,

is there an any update on this problem?

We have exact the same problem with the wrong shiftet meetings.

I updated the BES Server to 10.2 but we still have the problem!

Is there any way that some time settings are wrong? because the meetings are still 2 hours in the future and some times they are twice!

We have a Exchange 2007, with BES 10.2 enviroment and Outlook 2007 - 2010 - 2013

by the way: when I shutdown the Bes-server then all meetings are shiftet succesfully...

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello all together, is there any chance on getting help on this?

We still have that problem.

We are running these versions:

Server: Version: 10.2.0.33

Device Firmware 10.2.1.xxx

It seems that this problem is only occuring on Q10 Devices...