Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9790 -> Q10 -> Classic
My Carrier: etisalat

Remember / Task notifications and alarm

Hi,

There's a icon called "Remember". I understand it should alert you if you set it to do so at a particular time.

In my case the Q10 doesn't remind me at all. I tried to enter under "Task" and set it to come up with an alarm but this didn't work as well.

Only the reminder notes (or the tasks if you like) entered in the "Calender" are getting notified with sound / tones.

Am I missing some thing here?    Came across another post " Reminders are not going off in my Calendar app"

It is inconclusive.

Regards

My Device: Bold 9650 (non-camera)
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Remember / Task notifications and alarm

Not sure I understand the problem. If you make a task in Remember, you can set a "due date" and/or a "reminder." When you set the due date only, the task will only be placed in the Calendar (at the top), but it will not remind you. You have to set the Reminder for it to show up in a particular timeslot in the Calendar, and it should then notify you. You can set one, the other, or both.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your response Virmaline.

"When you set the due date only, the task will only be placed in the Calendar (at the top),"

This part I cannot understand as I cannot see the title being displayed on the top in calender.

"but it will not remind you. You have to set the Reminder for it to show up in a particular timeslot in the Calendar................."

This is OK. I got it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok I got the first half also.

Thanks Virmaline.