Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Restore BBM contact

Hi,

I lost my BB dakota and bought a new BBQ10.  The problem is I can not restore my BBM contact from my back up data from my desk top manager.  Already google it without any good result.  Any tip ? thanks.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Restore BBM contact

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I do not recall if LINK (which, for BB10, replaces the Desktop Software) can or cannot read backup files created for legacy devices...you should install it (LINK) and see.

If not, then you should investigate one of the free legacy backup file extraction apps. Extract the data you need, get it into Outlook, and then sync to the Q10 (either direct USB via Link, or if you'd prefer OTA, you can do that).

You might find more information by searching the LINK section of this site.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................