Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

SMS/MMS Sending/Receiving/Notification Issues and FB Issues

A few days ago, I noticed I was not receiving any notifications in the Hub for new SMS or Facebook messages.  I would have to tap on an already-read text to see if a new one had come through.  Same with FB - I would have to log into FB to see if I had any new messages/notificfations.  I downloaded the 10.1 upgrade on Monday evening, and began noticing even MORE issues.  Now ALL of my SMS messages automatically revert to MMS, which is caused by a duplication of recipient (though I did not add them to the conversation twice), and I can not get the MMS to switch back to SMS.  I've done a factory swipe twice.  I re-installed a back-up file to the Q10 to reinstate my text history, contacts, and calendar info.  Same issues continue.  Even before re-installing the back-up file, after a fresh factory swipe, notifications for SMS and FB were not populating either in the hub, or in the individual notification areas.  I visited the Verizon store, and they are sending a new phone tomorrow.  I want to know how to save my SMS history from this phone to the new one, without transferring the "SWITCHING TO MMS MODE" issue along with it.  Is there a way to copy/save text history per contact?  Is there a way to delete one of the duplicated recipients off of a MMS mode, to turn it back into a SMS mode message?  (EVERY SINGLE SMS (originally an SMS) is now an MMS due to the BB somehow creating double recipients per message.  Same recipient.  Twice.)  I have been a BB user for over 5 years...on my third BB model, and weathering the storm despite the constant criticism, and NOW extreme disappointment.  Help please.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: SMS/MMS Sending/Receiving/Notification Issues and FB Issues

I haven't been able to send/receive photos via text since new update and i'm frustrated also
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

I also have this problem, it seems to happen if I have the person as a FB contact and also in my google contacts, it's very bad because I have to constantly delete the sms thread

New Contributor

"Now ALL of my SMS messages automatically revert to MMS, which is caused by a duplication of recipient (though I did not add them to the conversation twice), and I can not get the MMS to switch back to SMS."

My phone just started doing this too. Hopefully it was a glitch with the update that will be resolved at the next update. 

New Contributor

I have found, though, that if I delete the conversation and start over, it's a SMS. 

New Contributor

Had replacement phone delivered today.  Activated, switched device, and the same issues followed.  I'm assuming it's a 10.1 upgrade issue.  I had to completely swipe AGAIN (for about the 4th time), bu tthe 10.1 upgrade was automatically downloaded, but i lost all of my text history.  The MMS/SMS issue no longer lingers, but I am STILL NOT RECEIVING NOTIFICATIONS of new texts or FB messages.  All notification settings are correctly set up.  HAS to be a 10.1 issue.  SO VERY DISAPPOINTED!!  CREATE A FIX FOR THE 10.1 ISSUES IMMEDIATELY OR CONTINUE TO LOSE CUSTOMERS!  DEVOTED CUSTOMERS SUCH AS ME!!

My Carrier: At&t

I am having similar problems with txt messaging and whats up. I cannot erase messages. They show us unread, i dont know if iam receiving new ones. I tried several options but nothing works. Cannoe even erase them. Pls help
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

I also experienced the same issue. Apparently none from the moderators of this forum knows whats going on. Hope they find out the real issue soon. Anyway, i dont know if you can consider this as a quick fix but, I noticed that whenever i restart my phone, for the first 10-20mins, it seemed to be working fine. New text notifications coming in, also able to erase and mark as read sms, fb msgs and emails. But after 20mins, it starts to happen again. So... i made the habit of restarting my phone every half hour or so just to check if i received any new messages. Also, i noticed that if i dont connect to the internet (turned off my data and wifi entirely), it seems to work fine much longer (continuously receive text message notifications).. really stupid for a smart phone.

I had a 3 year relationship with my nokia e7 before i decided to dump her for the new Q10 two months ago. Now I'm missing my ex really bad...  it looks like i should've "gone with the flow" instead and switched to samsung or iphone.. =(

My Carrier: Etisalat

I also have this problem very frustrating !!! The Q 10 after 24 hours (I had the Z10 before) have not impressed me...

I have been a loyal Blackberry person for the last 10 years... For the first time in my life I am considering switching ..

I cna not even log in to my bank as I dont get confirmation Text messages ... only when I restart my phone I get all messages...

I dont know what to do more then sell the phone again and switch to an an old blackberry again or go to iphone..

or does anyone know what you shall do to start get textmessages properly again ?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Believe it or Not i found a simple solution to this problem...  

First I did a factory reset on my cell to start from scratch with no contacts and etc... I then ask multiple friends to send me text messages (SMS) to see if i would get them.  For hours, all my text  message notifications were working fine. Next step, i setup my email accounts accounts...and once again all my notifications were still working fine.  

Next i logged into my facebook account and that's when all of a sudden after a few minutes. NO MORE NOTIFICATIONS. No text msg, no emails, no fbook notifications.  The default FACEBOOK APP was the problem. I simply deleted the default FACEBOOK APP by tapping and holding the icon for 5 secs... and tap the top right corner of the garbage can and clicked YES to delete.  Rebooted my cell and then went on Blackberry World to download the latest FACEBOOK APP and logged into my account. Ever since i did this all my notifications have been working fine. It's only been 24hrs but still it's a major step. I will continue to monitor the situation but my suggestion to you guys...

FIRST THINGS FIRST is to delete the default FACEBOOK APP.... and before you re-download it reboot your cell and wait for a little while to see if you're getting your notifications.... then go ahead and re-download the Facebook APP from Blackberry World everything should be fine.