Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
07-18-2013 02:23 AM
I see there are many issues with sync of GMAIL accounts, calendars, contacts etc. After short debbuging here is what i noticed for IMAP, ASync and Pop/SSL:
- if you setup accounts and stay only on service providers DATA CHANNEL (no wireless enabled) everything should work fine
- if you are connected to only ONE WIRELLES AP and do not loose connection (if you do you will switch to SP DATA and get NOT CONNECTED message) everything should work fine,
- if you are on ISP data AND wireless enabled and you are on the move around city or driving BBQ10 will switch between known AP/s and SP Data in which case your SYNC WILL DROP. In sam cases (very rare) it will recover but in most cases you will have to reboot BBQ10 or get into accounts where will be stated in red that it can not connect to server. Reboot will resolve issue until next switch of network (wireless or data) than you will have to do it again. Other solution is that inside account (where you will see red notice that there is no server connection) manually revalidate account by adding password which is hassle but you can as well set PUSH TO OFF than SAVE and you will see account talking to server and you will be back online in CONNECTED mode until next switch of network. If you need PUSH just put it back and save - again it will talk to server, save setting, you will have push service back and account will work until next data channel jump....
Issue is constant on ASync and IMAP (Gmail) and somewath less spoted on POP/SSL. POP/SSL is kind of more resilient to this issue but just a little bit.
If you have for example 5 accounts you will have to go through above steps each time your Q10 changes network connection (DATA/WIRELESS)..... :-(((((((((((((((((((
For now I am using only SP DATA mode - NO WIRELESS - and hope that BB Team is reading this and will resolve this ASAP as well as BUGGY HUB and please give as some DATA TRAFFIC CONTROL.
Thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-20-2013 03:04 AM
First to confirm that facebook, linkedin, and twitter also have problem so it is HUB problem with sync.
Second, if you have more email accounts you can solve all accounts with one step only :
- when you loose connection/sync due to wireless/data switch on the move just go to AIRPLANE MODE for few seconds and disable it after that - all you accounts should be back online and start to sync normal until next wireless/data switch. Than you will have to go again through AIRPLANE MODE OFF/ON procedure.
Sorry, this is fastest solution I found so far.
07-27-2013 03:29 AM
With update today to Software Release 10.1.0.238 it seems that above problems are resolved. :-))) So far everything looks stable so i guess this update is recommended.
08-07-2013 10:44 AM
With the 10.1.238 update it screws up with Active Sync for FirstClass. Calendar and Contacts stop syncing. I had to go back to the older OS on a couple of Q10s in our organization
01-17-2014 10:39 AM
Not sure if anyone's following this thread anymore but...I have 10.1.0.4189 and have 2 email accounts. Main account is Office365 MS Hosted Exchange and 2nd account is a simple POP3...
Since day 1 (just after the Q10 was available local in CT) my folders haven't synced properly. New email came in properly, calendar and note are great (since I went to exchange) but I use lots of folders...
The POP3 seems to work just fine.
As of last evening Jan 16, 2014 I am no longer getting emails on the exchange account. Calendar & notes (er...Reminders...) are fine. I get no errors, just looks like no activity.
I've pulled the battery (several times); gone in & out of airplane mode, selected and deselected Sync All Folders, re-entered password; all with no change.
Any thoughts on this?