Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Screen Display

I was just wondering if it is just my q10 or it is the same for all q10's...

Basically my screen doesn't go very bright and doesn't display 'white' colours as pure white. The whole screen has more of a grey tinge to it. I took my screen protector off incase this was the cause, however, no luck.

My friend has a q5 and when comparing the screen theirs is a hell of a lot clearer/brighter.

I thought that they had the same screens in them so I'm thinking that maybe my screen is dodgey?

Any feedback/replies to this anyone?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Screen Display

It's because Q5's and Q10's screens are not alike. The Q10's is AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light
Emitting Diode), while the Q5'4 is LCD (liquid crystal display) . AMOLEDs are very thin and does not need backlight and can produce very deep dark colors so they are considered energy-efficient (notice your Q10's darker theme)

While LCD do the opposite and produce more vivid colors, compared to AMOLED it's dark colors are not as dark, and it's brights not as bright.
Also an LCD screen needs a light source.

So basically that's the difference.

Cheers! Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran I

Also LCD is cheaper.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Your screen is maybe not as bright as you'd like but I'll guarantee you're getting MUCH better battery life than on a Z10 or Q5. That's one nice thing about AMOLED screens.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Veteran I

Yes. I couldn't agree more will BILLJ. Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 3

Thanks for all the replies!! Smiley Very Happy