Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Screen goes black after a long phone call

I'd really appreciate some help over something. After I've made a longish phone call (ie 15 mins-plus) the screen goes black and I can't see (and therefore can't press) the end call command on screen. This means the line is left open. This can be really problematic (and potentially commercially dangerous) if I'm in a conference or in a public space outside a meeting. Sometimes the screen later lights up all by itself and I can end the call. Alternatively if I switch the Q10 off and then backon  again, it ends the call. But this isn't really good enough. So two questions: (1) is there a physical shortcut to ending a call (eg a combination of letters on the keyboard) (2) is there something else I should be doing when I get a black screen at the end of a call to bring the screen back to life. 

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Max

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Screen goes black after a long phone call

Hello maxfindlay

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

When the screen is black if you hit the stand by key on the top of the device are you able to get the screen to appear? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Screen goes black after a long phone call

Thanks very much for this, Smooth Rider. I think I've probably been pressing the Power / Lock Screen button too hard (ie I've been turning the machine off) because I've been anxious to kill the open line as soon as possible. I'l try pressing it a bit more gently and see what happens.