Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Smart Dialing Prefix on Q10

I would greatly appreciate someone's assistance with this ....

Since switching from my Bold 9900, the Q10 will not dial "1" before a phone call when I'm calling from long distance so the recorded message "we will complete your call but please dial 1 before the number to avoid this message" comes on everytime I make a long distance call ...

This never occurred on my 9900 and my smart dialing is set correctly ... it is set for country code '+1" and area code 905 .....

Is this yet another glitch from BB or is there a way to fix this (without entering something on each of my 500+ contact files manually"????

New Developer
My Carrier: HKCSL

Re: Smart Dialing Prefix on Q10

Have you set up your country code and area code for smart dialing? If not, you may do so by: swipe down in Phone app and tap on "setting" and then "Smart Dialing". Inside that menu, you may change the default country code or area code by tapping "Country Code" or "Area Code".
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Smart Dialing Prefix on Q10

Yes ... as stated - the smart dialing is properly set up and always has been however it does not work properly.