Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Software update 10.1.0.4200

Just downloaded, went fine, just had to re-enter one email password on one email account, everything looks good so far. Here's the best new feature:

• Email synchronization – ActiveSync and IMAP email users can adjust syncing preferences to keep emails on their BlackBerry smartphone for an unlimited time period

I set it to Forever and seconds later I now have emails going back to 2002!

For everyone that's been waiting for this feature, update.

Visitor
My Device: Q10 SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Software update 10.1.0.4200

Is that on your Q10?  I have 10.1.0.4189 and am trying to fix the same 

problem but when I try to update the Q10 says I already have the most current software.

Super Contributor

Yes on my Q10, I'm on T-Mobile so maybe it's being released carrier by carrier? Doing my wife's Z10 right now also.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Is that T-Mobile in the USA? I don't see that update on T-Mobile Germany.
Super Contributor

Yes, TMO USA.

I have discovered an issue though. When you set to keep email Forever you do not get new email messages. When you send one it does send but it shows as a sent message for a minute or so and then disappears. All of your previous messages are there. When you switch back to the 30 Day setting then you recieve and it displays the email messages that came in in the interim time period. I've been playing with this for hours and it's not a setting, it's got to be a bug in the update. The emails that are sent from others or myself are being received on my computer or by others so they are being processed. So I switched it back to 30 days for now. Funny thing is that once you go to Forever the messages beyond 30 days are still there for you to read. Not sure what will happen 30 days from now though. My wife has a Z10 and I have not have a chance to see if the issues is the same on her's. Maybe someone from BB will read this and give some words of wisdom.