Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: movistar

Some keys not working and microphone issue - Extremely disappointed with my Q10

Hello, I have been using the Q10 for only one week with extremely care and suddenly the F, J, K, ALT, an 0 keys of the keyboard are not working. 

I have rebooted the phone many times, uninstalled recently added applications (only skype, whatsapp and car finder) done a security wipe, reload everything and still having the same issue. 

Also the microphone only works when using loud speaker or hand free (already follow another post of a lot of people having the same issue). 

Please help!

Thanks in advance. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Some keys not working and microphone issue - Extremely disappointed with my Q10

This is almost certainly a hardware issue if you've rebooted your phone and done a security wipe and still the issue persists.

Your only remedy would be to talk to Movistar about a warranty replacement. Before doing so, make sure you do a data backup using BlackBerry Link so you don't lose any data when you get your replacement phone.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: movistar

Re: Extremely disappointed with my Q10

I was able to recover the keys by reinstalling the whole OS but the microphone issue remains, I have even changed the chip. Red all the similar posts of this problem but there is no solution in any of them, also @blackberryhelp has no answer. I will return the phone. Thanks anyway.