Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 447754079425

Synching Blackberry Q10 with gmail calender and contacts - latest version of software ( version 10)

Hi,

I can't sync my blackberry q10 with gmail contacts and calender.

My email works fine

I have turned off my gmail 2 step verification to make it simple

Still having problems.

Settings: smtp.googlemail.com

SMTP Port: 465

Encryption: SSL

Please help !

Thanks

Tom

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Synching Blackberry Q10 with gmail calender and contacts - latest version of software ( version 10)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unless you are a Google Apps paid subscriber, or happened to first integrate this device to Google many months ago (before Google cutoff support), your email settings are not at all relevant to your Google calendar and contacts. Rather, you need to configure CalDav and CardDav:

• Article ID: KB33093 How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 447754079425

Re: Synching Blackberry Q10 with gmail calender and contacts - latest version of software ( version 10)

Great. That seems to have worked.

How can I do the same for my gmail contacts?

Many thanks

Tom 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm glad that worked, for calendar at least. I searched the KBs for an article about CardDav, but was not successful...you might be more lucky than I, or you may just try to integrate Google Contacts via CardDav and see if you can succeed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................