Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Tmobile

TEXT MESSAGES

I am having issues receiving and sending and deleting text messages.  I have wiped my phone twice.  I have to take out my battery and put it back in and then those messages come through or send and am able to delete.  Please help.  Would it be my service provider (Tmobile) or issues with my SIM card or what?  Thanks in Advance.  I have looked for a way to reset to factory settings but havent found it yet other than wiping.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: TEXT MESSAGES

Hi Sdspencer

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

What version of OS you have installed

Remove your SIM and place it again.

If the problem evidences the persistence applies a hard reset
Pressing the power button and volume buttons + and - for 30 seconds.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

I dont know what OS I have...it is whatever came on my phone.  I have tmobile.  how do I find out?  thank you.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hi Sdspencer

To find the version of OS you can go to settings
Then where it says About
You'll see the option that says Version of OS.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Text message issues are usually carrier/network problems. I would contact TMobile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

LOL I contacted TMobile, they say it is a software issue and I need to update my BB software.  Thank you.

New Contributor

MY OS is Blackberry 10.  The version is 10.1.0.4780

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

They lied. Your software is up to date. That is the latest OS that TMobile has sent out. Updates are pushed out automatically by them. It sounds like a provisioning issue to me but what do I know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

what is a provisioning issue? thx.

Guru II

It is the setup that t-mobile does to your sim card. It is a t-mobile issue, not a BlackBerry issue. In my experience that is the problem 99.9% of the time. Whoever you talked to at Tmo gave you a line to get you off the phone.