Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Text Message Issue

Terri, good job on your attitude, You're a more patient person than I am. My thought is texting is old technology and software to do that without significant flaws is well outside the scope of what we'd call rocket science. Hopefully BB will fix it, otherwise more and more folks will follow in ASchmitt's footsteps. I used to love pre-OS10) BB and couldn't understand why people could suffer having Android or iPhones and the phenomenal loss in productivity those phones require. Now that BB is like that except newer and buggier, I may have to reassess...
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

there are some awesome things they have left out of the new BB... things I LOVED on all my other BB;s and I am trying to be confident that they will replace them or improvove on the things we are all writing about. I am normally a "lurker" on sites like this... but I have owned a BB since it was a big blue brick with a side wheel and it was my original "CRACKBERRY"... no phone since then has fulfilled my need for this keyboard to type and text...

and I tryed every phone with a keyboard because they had "percieved" cool features lacking on my BB.... and always returned them to go back to my BB

I am sure they will fix these issues.... and until then... I am willing to have a few glitches... because my work iphone is next to me and I cant type fast on that is my life depended on it... I use a stylist and I still dont love it... and I love pleanty about it (like my starbucks card can be scanned from the iphone screen... GOD I love that!!!)

but for a serious text and emailer... nothing beats the BB even with the issues we are having now... they will fix it.... have faith Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Happens to me every time. Please fix with a software update! This is a big problem for a phone that is centered around email and texting!
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: EE

same issue here, new q10 with latest update. When I enter a contact name for sms recipient it freezes for a good few seconds, then when I hit send it freezes again, until youv'e realised that it has been sent.

Very annoying

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Yet another f-ing software issue with the Q10!!! 

I started having this problem when I upgraded to Software Release 10.2.0.429 and OS Version 10.2.0.1803 just recently. 

It's not just a lag, it's almost a freeze. And forwarding text messages doesn't work at all anymore; it just freezes (and I can't send other texts in the meantime).

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: EE

I am having this problem ever since I got my q10 2 months ago, it's extremely annoying to work with the txt problem! Plus so many other nuances, highlight and pasting is so much easier on the bold, literally wherever you are in the bold just by clicking on a contact you have all the possibilities with one click calling texting emailing....on the q10 it's much more of a hassle, if the number is busy and you want to call the second line it's a hassle....there's not speed dial from keyboard in desktop mode. basically we need the blackberry left key back again!!!