Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Text Messaging Error & Software Update Error

I got the Blackberry Q10 on Saturday (6.17) and had some issues with text messaging, so I went to Verizon last night (6.17) after two days of having issues. They gave me another blackberry Q10 in hopes that my original phone just had a glitch in it, sadly I think its a glitch in the phone. I love blackberries, but if this issues isn't fixed soon, I am afraid I will have to leave the Blackberry world which I have been apart of since the pearl.

So what are my issues, they vary, but to name a few...

1) When I send a text message it does not appear in the text message screen (when the receiver did receive the message) as well as I am not getting the receivers response back. (unless I search the receiver's name)

2) When I restart my phone, the sent message appears as well as the received message, but when I open it, it is not clearing saying the message was opened.

1 and 2 are very frustrating because I am missing text messages and not receiving them until I restart my phone, which I should NOT have to do. I am receiving e-mails with no problem.

3) When I check for a software update it is showing one (10.1.0. 2038), so I click the update to update my phone and it downloads it within a few minutes, but the software is not being added to my phone, because under the "system setting" tabs, under the "about" tab, and under the "software release" section it states that I still have software 10.1.0.2011. As well as, after I download the 10.1.0.2038 and search again to see if I any software updates available, it says I do and I go through the process again of downloading 10.1.0.2038.

Please someone help me as to what is wrong! Thank you!

Someone who wants to stay a Blackberry customer,

Laura

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Text Messaging Error & Software Update Error

Hi lauralourod1142,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

In order to resolve all of these issues, could you please try to update your BlackBerry Device Software to the latest available version by using BlackBerry Link? This user guide has the steps to do this. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1343929283322.jsp Please let me know if you are able to complete the update and if it resolves these issues for you.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi FrankieS,

I'm having the same issue updating my q10 to 10.1.0.2038. I've tried to update using Blackberry Link to perform the update as you suggest; unfortunately, the update does not even appear on the Settings page for my q10 in the BlackBerry Link software. Please advise.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telechoice

I have the same issues as Laura with my second Q10 handset. I swapped over my first handset for a new one thinking that the first one was a dodgy handset but the second one has exactly the same issues. I have changed back to my previous phone (BB 9780) while I await a software update as I can not have missed text messages when I run a business!!

I would love to know when the appropriate software update comes out for this issue.

My Device: q10
My Carrier: mtn

hi , i just updated my blackbery q10 to the latest update 10.3.1565. after completing the update the phone isnt detecting mobile network except wifi. kindly advise.