Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Thinking of upgrading from 9900 to Q10 - have 2 Office 365 accounts - any problems encountered

Currently have a 9900, and am assessing whether to upgrade to a Q10.

Carrier through TMobile, email accounts with BBCS in Office 365, and another Office 365 account through TMobiles BIS.

From what I'm given to understand, Q10 works with EAS, how well does it work with multiple Office365 accounts?

Also understand that there were problems with EAS synch causing Exchange to enter device lockout for 10 mins. Has this been fixed.

How well will the Q10 work with an O365 shared calendar? Perennial problem for mobile devices, are there any special apps developed for the Q10 to allow access? We do not run Sharepoint.

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks. Tom.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telenor

Re: Thinking of upgrading from 9900 to Q10 - have 2 Office 365 accounts - any problems encountered

can any one help me out how cani upgrade my bold 9700 . current version is 5.0.0.656 ( bundle 1111 platform 5.1.0.153) i hv tried to upgrade through desktop suit i recived mesge , there is no update is available now how can i upgrade it

New Contributor

Re: Thinking of upgrading from 9900 to Q10 - have 2 Office 365 accounts - any problems encountered

This is for Blackberry Q10, suggest you place your question the Bold forum.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/bd-p/Bold

(Admin can you move this to appropriate forum - thanks)

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

merlin169,

There are a few issues going from 9900 to Q10:

• NO Trackpad on Q10
  • there are no Categories for contacts, so you'll have to back up contacts with desktop software and wait for Categories to be added to OS 10 contacts
  • Link software will move your 9900 info to the Q10 - But NOT from Q10 back to BBOS device
  • No BIS for OS 10

I don't use Office 365, so I can't help with that.

Few weeks ago, the Q20 with trackpad was announced, "BlackBerry Classic", before end of year,

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-announces-blackberry-q20

A few days ago, John Chen said that there will be a Q20 with a physical trackpad...no firm date, but perhaps around October (in response to interviewer asking if it would be out in September).

Hope this helps

New Contributor

Understand that the Q10 lacks a trackpad, sad, but not really too much of a problem.

For further clarity on the O365 email accounts, we use only the Exchange 2013 online feature of O365.

BBCS works well on one account, but occasionally BIS gets lost in space on the other account, bad enough for a pull battery restart.

My org. uses a number of mobile devices - iPhones, 'Droids, and WP's set up with these accounts through EAS, mostly problem free, but none of them has the BB keyboard.

Anyone using multiple Exchange/Office365 email accounts with the Q10 care to comment on the robustness of the system?

Appreciate any comment.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9930

[ Edited ]
You can connect your Exchange account to the Q10 using ActiveSync. I have 3 ActiveSync accounts on my Q10 and they all play nice.
New Contributor

Can you specify one of those three accounts as your default address? 

How are calendar entries differentiated across the three calendars, can all three be merged into a single view?

How is your battery life?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9930

Well it really does not have a default, in the Hub you will have all your accounts, when you compose you can pick the account to send from or if you are viewing only one account it will pick that one to send from.

Calendar is separated by colors, and when you make a new appointment you just pick what calendar it gets posted to.

Same with contacts, though I have found it annoying that when I add or edit a contact on the Q10 it strips the category in Outlook and changes my sorting from first/last to last/first.

Battery life is ok, I turn off the LTE radio since I do not need that sort of speed to just look at emails and contacts and that helps the battery life a lot.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

That more than answers my questions, thanks.

Tom
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

Hi there,

I was disappointed with the Q10 at first, but with the updates to the os, I now use it as my main phone. It takes awhile to get used to having no trackpad, but perseverence, is needed. My 9900 will be retired when the Q20/classic is available in the UK, Nov/Dec 14 hopefully.