Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Tranferring Music from iTunes to Q10

Using BB Link I Synced music that I recently purchased from iTunes on my PC to my Q10. The songs appear in my Q10, but when I try to play the songs on my Q10 I get an error message saying "The media file is missing". Is this because the songs I bought on iTunes are DRM Protected ? I thought that after 2009 the music you buy on iTunes were no longer DRM protected. If that is the case, can anyone advise how to fix this ? Do I need to buy a DRM Removal Program ? I hear that once you do that, you can no longer play the songs on iTunes ?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Tranferring Music from iTunes to Q10

Hey KrisGanase,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Is this affecting all your songs from iTunes?  Have you tried manually adding the songs through the network drive?

Follow these steps and then try to play the songs:

1. Open the desired music folder on the computer
  2. Go into Computer or My Computer and open the BlackBerry network drive
  3. Open the Music folder
  4. Drag the desired music files from the computer music folder to the BlackBerry Music folder

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am on the road right now, but will try your suggestion when I get back. It does not affect all my songs from iTunes. Seems to be that the more recent ones are affected. None of the songs that I bought on iTunes over the last few months can be transferred.

Kris

New Contributor

OK, I tried it and it works ! A bit laborious since you have to find the songs one at a time and transfer them, instead of just transfering an entire playlist, but I guess it is better than nothing ! Thnks foir your help.