Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Starhub
Accepted Solution

Transferring calendar & contacts out fr Q10 to an iphone 5S & Samsung Note 3

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I would like to find out how do I transfer my calendar & contacts out fr Q10 to an iphone 5S & Samsung Note 3.

The contacts & calendar doesn't seem to sync at all to my Outlook since day 1 in June'13 when I bought the Q10. I have updated all the software on the desktop as well as the set.

I try to backup the Q10 frequently but am not able to export/access the calendar & contact data to another smart phone. Neither am I able to sync it to any form of backup like Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.

The old BB, I could easily do all that & now I have only records till June'13 in that form. 

Please help as I do not want to lose all the valuable calendar entries & contacts which I have added on since my switchover to the Q10 in June'13.

Many thanks!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Transferring calendar & contacts out fr Q10 to an iphone 5S & Samsung Note 3

Mine sync seamlessly with Outlook.com

You might try exporting all your contacts with an app like PIM Backup from AppWorld.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Transferring calendar & contacts out fr Q10 to an iphone 5S & Samsung Note 3

Many thanks, JSanders!

Am currently trying to backup the contacts & next, the calendar to PIM Backup. Takes some time for the process. I hope it works.

Will revert.

Good luck.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I decided to give PIM Backup a try & downloaded it. Was in the process of backing up the contacts when I received your reply to download the same program.

Yes, finally I managed to backup all my contacts last nite. It took around 2.5hours+ & the file was successfully imported into my email account. The calendar backup took much longer & lasted the whole night till the next afternoon. Good thing was it worked & I also managed to import the file into my Hotmail a/c with success. 

Thanks a million, JSanders for your help & quick response!

Merry Christmas in advance to U & your family too!

Great news. You're welcome. And thanks for the followup.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you!

I have wasted a great deal of time today, trying to transfer my calendar from my Q10 to an iPhone.  

After reading your post, I was done in less than 10 minutes

lorriledger wrote:

Thank you!

I have wasted a great deal of time today, trying to transfer my calendar from my Q10 to an iPhone.  

After reading your post, I was done in less than 10 minutes

Excellent, you're welcome and good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

If you want to transfer to iPhone, follow the steps below:

1) Plug in Blackberry to computer
2) Run Blackberry desktop software
3) Choose which software to sync contacts with (Outlook, Address Book etc...)
4) Sync Blackberry to that software
5) Unplug Blackberry
6) Plug in iPhone....make sure that auto sync is turned off...
7) On INFO tab in iTunes....check sync contacts...use same program
8) Sync iPhone..
9) iPhone will ask if you want to merge or replace data...select merge

Moving from BlackBerry to Android is an easy process, too.
1. Open Google Sync on your BlackBerry.
2. Choose “Sync Now” to make sure the most current contact information is added to your Google account.
3. Open the “Accounts & Sync” app on your Android phone from the gear icon.
4. Touch “Google.” Touch to add a checkmark to “Sync Contacts.”
5. Touch “Sync Now” to sync.
6. Open your contacts app. Touch the arrow next to “Phonebook” to open the drop down menu. Make sure “Google” is checked. You will now see all your synced contacts.

Hopefully that may help you.

You can also follow these two guides to see if you can fix the problems.
How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Samsung
How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello

I am also having difficuties transferring my blackberry q10 contacts to my galaxy s3 device. I have noticed you mentioned to run bb desktop software but the blackberry q10 is only supported by bb link software correct me if I am wrong. Also I was told that google sync no longer exists.

I can beleive that this process is so complicated! Why cant bb 10 sync with outlook? I never had this problem with my bb torch. Its a absolute joke