Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Type n Go email not working

Have had my Q10 for a week now and still havent sussed out how to use this feature.

I can 'type n go' text messages, but when I try to 'email <contact name>'  I get taken to the email composition screen, where I can write the email, but when I 'send' it, it just hangs. I think its down to the account field at the top of the email not being populated. I only have the one email account set up on the device so far and I cant manually populate the field.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? If it is a bug its pretty poor as this was one of the 'new features'.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Type n Go email not working

Hi atommo,

Are you composing the email directly from the BlackBerry Hub or from the Address Book?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Type n Go email not working

[ Edited ]

Cpt_Sweatpants wrote:

Hi atommo,

Are you composing the email directly from the BlackBerry Hub or from the Address Book?

Thanks.

Hi.

Neither. If I am at my 'home screen' and I type 'email <contact name>' it opens a search, page with an available action at the top with the contact name. When I hit this action it opens an email where I can compose an email to the said contact. However, on the email composition page/form/whatever it has the 'to <contact name>' field populated, but the account field is blank and it doesnt allow me to populate it manually either, (although I think it should use the default email account unless told otherwise?)

So, although the feature nearly works it doesnt use the default email account, (I only have the one in use at the moment), so if I try to send the email it just hangs, (as I presume it doesnt know who's sending the email?).

I hope that makes some sense? If not please let me know and I shall try to elaborate further.

Many thanks

atommo 

edit: sorry, I should also mention that compsoing a mail from either the hub or from my contact page works as the account field is correctly populated with my email account.