Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TIM ITALIA

UNEXPECTED CONSUMPTION BATTERY / DATA

Hello and congratulations x the forum. I state that I have used over the years almost all BB available. Now I have a Q10 (latest software version 10.1.0.238) and I'm happy because I finally have a complete phone but there are some problems that have emerged not indifferent.
I have a couple of questions to ask about it: already done 4/5 recharges the battery but let me walk around 16 pm without heavy use, but the norm. I did not install any Android compatible app, but only some apps from the official store (Skype, The Weather, White Pages / Yellow, Dropbox (the one already on the phone). Than I thought it was anything but. Uninstalled and I have not changed nothing. I had already disabled the 4G even when turned on, dimuito brightness, disabled the NFC function, removed the notifications with vibration and sounds but nothing. WhatsApp and I have 4 email accounts open with a few messages during the day. calls as normal sms. Earlier I had a "mule" with a bb 8520 and intensive use I arrived late in the evening.
I'm investigating to see what can diminish so 'but I can not find the battery speigazioni about it. The e-mails are set to manual. The app open when closed with the x's are "off" or backgorund? To consume less is better to put a background with dark color?
I've also seen that after about 10 days of use I used about 450 MB (which I do not understand where I used them .... because all the updates of the app or another is done under WIFI network. Again, this is a strange thing.)
I went on the counters of Tim: after 13 days of use I used 906 MB when all the most demanding tasks have always been made under wifi ... I think there is something wrong with the counting of the downloaded data ... even if under wifi are counted as if I were under Mobile Network TIM ....

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: UNEXPECTED CONSUMPTION BATTERY / DATA

You'll often see the battery life increase after a week or so of use, many users have.

The first several days of use the device is syncing lots of data, emails, contacts, linking etc., and sourcing contacts information if you have option turned on.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I have the phone for about 2 weeks and I have made several posts but the problem of abnormal consumption of the data remains ...

Sorry, I only see the two posts you have made today, there are no other posts here.

Per your data consumption, I don't know exactly what's using your data. There are so many things that do sync data to your device.

Check two places:

Settings > Security > Diagnostics and turn off the option there.

Contacts > swipe down from the top bezel > Settings > scroll to bottom to Find more contact details and turn that off.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your guidance.

The diagnosis I had already disabled as the rest of the contacts. (I left only the Synchronization of Gmail).

Blackberry browsing various forums I've seen that I'm not the only one with this problem. It 'a widespread problem for both the Z10 that the Q10 with the different Italian mobile operators. I understand a normal consumption of data but not so exaggerated in 13 days of use in which all the operations are made under heavier wifi and not under mobile network.

I think the problem of abnormal consumption data due to there is something wrong with the count of data downloaded (under wifi are counted as if I were under the mobile network).

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9930

I have been charged data for updates when connected to wifi also. Spent an hour with tech support and was told OS and program updates DO NOT download over wifi because it is NOT secured. So we are paying for THEM to use OUR data for downloads!

That is absolutely not true, updates over WiFi are over wifi, and you should NOT be charged for updates over wifi or any data over wifi.

Verizon is wrong about this. You should challenge them on that.

What updates, by the way? Verizon has not issued any OS updates for the Z10... yet.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9930

I had an update to the Q 10. Downloaded it while on perfect wifi in my house but the data download came off my data pack. Verizon Advanced (ha) tech support said these downloads will not come on any wifi due to "security" reasons. EVEN if you are on your own secure network! Not sure how someone would challenge this if you aren't an I.T.expert for cellular and wireless.
New Contributor

Hello, I discovered the abnormal consumption data.
All this stems from the simultaneous activation of the "old service BIS / BES" + all-inclusive offer.
I had tried everything.
I have been in a center Tim and I did not turn off because it was off with the new offer.
In practice, there were two offers on the phone that that crashed various counters.
After 4 days of the renewal and monthly with the old service disabled everything seems to work properly. (Although compared to before there is a higher consumption).
This scenario can happen to different users who switch from a Blackberry to any new BB10.
Let me know if you confirm everything.
thanks

sinflex74, Thank You! That's good to know and your carrier should certainly remove the legacy BIS plan when you activate the #Z10

Knowledge Base Updates