Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

UNLOCK problem with OS 10.1.0.4780

Hey,

I moved from the States to Germany and I brought my Q10 with me. In the US I used t-mobile as a provider, but now I want to switch to vodafone in Germany. I bought a sim-card and it was obviously locked. To avoid problems I contacted T-Mobile before I even left the states to acquire an unlock code. It doesn work. the Phone says: "The device is MEP locked. Contact your service provider." Well, I contacted t-mobile again and they really tried to help me. But in the end they figured that the unlock code is correct and they can do nothing for me, but they also saw in their system, that this is a common problem with OS 10.1.0.4780. So they told me to talk to Blackberry support for a solution. How do I unlock this phone? I have a valid unlock code sent to me by t-mobile. This is super annoying, especially because there is no blackberry customer service there to call from Germany.

Thanks for any kind of help!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: UNLOCK problem with OS 10.1.0.4780

If T-Mobile has told you to contact BlackBerry because they can't resolve your issue, it's up to them to escalate you to BlackBerry themselves. You'll have to call them back and remind them of this because quite often carriers forget it. You might even have to speak to someone in a higher position i.e. a manager if the tech on the phone will not do it for you.

Keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: UNLOCK problem with OS 10.1.0.4780

I called them again and they promised  to escalate (what exactly does that do for me?) me to Blackberry right away and that I would receive a confirmation via email for the SIM unlock.

SO are they basically just gonna send me another unlock code? How does blackberry itself come into play here?