Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Unable to Reload BlackBerry 10 software on Q10

[ Edited ]

Hi there, 

I am trying to reinstall the software on my wife's Q10.  In BlackBerry Link, whenever I click on Reload, on the Reload Device Software screen, nothing happens. It looks as if I am pressing the button, but I get no indication that something is taking place.

The device is connected to BlackBerry Link and I've successfully performed a backup.

Btw, the reason why I am reinstalling the software is because the battery on my wife's Q10 is losing its charge very, very fast. I updated the software but that did not resolve the problem. I also tried shutting off  NFC and Wi-fi and Blue tooth. That did not resolve the problem. The technician I spoke with at Rogers recommended reloading the software and then restoring the backup to see if  reloading the software corrects any issues.

She got the phone a little over a month ago and she loves it. We just need to figure this one out. She had a similar problem the day after she received it. The battery drained in less than an hour  even though it had a full charge. But then the problem went away, until two days ago. The battery issue appears to have been triggered by loading Nobex Radio and/or turning on word prediction functionality. But I am not 100% sure. I am just wondering if she needs a new battery.

Anyhow, I am trying to reload the software. As noted above, I can't do it. Is there another way to resintall the software without having to completely wipe the device?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Unable to Reload BlackBerry 10 software on Q10

Hello GRMA,

Which full version of BlackBerry Link are you using currently? Are you connected to the internet? You may want to reinstall the latest version by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberrylink then test the reload process again.

If you are unable to complete this process please contact your point of sale and test another battery in the device.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!