Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: WaridTel

Unable to Restore Z10 Data on Q10

I just exchanged my Z10 for a Q10 and after upgrading the OS to the latest offical update i tried to restore the Data of from the Z10 backup.

I was asked to upgrade the OS as I had done the Backup on 10.1.0.4543. I went ahead and installed the same on Q10 but BB link keeps giving me an error " There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. verify that the device is turned on and connected"

sometimes the device restarts after getting the error. I even tried to restore on another Z10 running the same version but to no avail. even partial restore isnt working for me as i just want my setting and app data.

right now i am running 10.1.0.4561 on my SQN-3 which is higher than the backup OS of 10.1.04543

kindly let me know if there is a work around or a solution to this

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Re: Unable to Restore Z10 Data on Q10

Instead of trying to restore the data, just use the device upgrade option. (I don't recall exactly what it's called atm but I'm sure you know what I mean.) It worked for me going from my Z10 to my Q10.
Twitter: @sheldonbk