Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Unable to backup contacts and calendar, at all, no matter what advice I follow

It seems to me that this device is borked no matter how good it is (let's just assume for arguments sake that it's good) because of the number of people (count me among them) who are unable to back up contacts and calendar off of this device, no matter what advice we follow, at all.

In fact I went into the Telus store and they were unable to give me any advice, and when they replaced the handset (one the presumption that something was wrong with my handset) they tried to transfer my contacts and calendar to the new handset, instead they just deleted them all. 500+ contacts gone.

And of course, I had no backup of any of them.

The BlackBerry site advised that if all else failed, I should try Outlook, so I bought Outlook - well that didn't work either.

I love the way nobody @ BlackBerry pays attention or cares about any of this, replies to any of these problems, or issues fixes or updates helper programs like BB Link, or instructions (if there IS a way somehow for people like myself, who have tried Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, using the regular settings, ActiveExchange advanced settings, with all the different settings I could read about on all the posts everywhere...)

I like the thing well enough, and the keyboard is nice... but the company is foul, and Telus is selling the thing with agents who make false claims as to the capabilities of the device, then of course they fail to stand behind the false claims made by their agents, and why should they, they have me in a contract again now.

I could not feel more cheated. If this handset gets water in it, I will be unable to download contacts and calendar data to a replacement handset because I am unable to back that information up.

I can only back up the music that was on my computer in the first place - whoopee.

Read the complaints people, if it's working for you, you're one of the lucky ones.

Maybe it doesn't like me because my primary email address is an IMAP address on my own server - I can't change that!

It's like using a tonka toy in this way.

If anyone from BlackBerry reads this - please let me know if you plan to take this device seriously and issue some support for it to make it "for real" or if you just plan to ride the train the rest of the way down the chute...

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Smartone

Re: Unable to backup contacts and calendar, at all, no matter what advice I follow

Dear Friend!

You are not alone! and im also got the same feeling with you!

what a "BIG" company with a poor customer service! everytime you read from other's complaint, the so-called Administrator or BlackBerry Technical Advisor would ask you to "contact your mobile service provider and have them engage BlackBerry support for live investigation, diagnosis, and resolution. "!

that mean no answer for your, go away?!

i used Q10 for a month with my icloud account for calendar and contact.. after few days of "honeymoon", the sync suddenly failed! and no more cal sync, and even the contact is.... sigh.... totally messly!

and you will find that... no help from BB, no advise from BB, (may be the said advise is the best answer from BB), no one cares the issue.

Yes! i agree with you! the keyboard is great!!! some of the new features are wonderful.... but those basic function.... hahaha!! no more!

I feel very disappointed to BB and go back to my ip5... but i keep the q10 in my room... i'm still waiting one day, the bugs are fixed...

just a sharing with you, and you are not the only one... 

Cheers....