Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Unable to forward rogers.blackberry.net email for Q10

Hello

So I am trying to forward rogers.blackberry.net email from an inactive BB 9780 to new Q10, but it keeps saying the account is locked.

BIS account doesn't show the account to be locked. Any idea why and how can I resolve it?

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800

Re: Unable to forward rogers.blackberry.net email for Q10

Hey amity21.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you are attempting to forward a hosted email address to a BlackBerry 10 OS device and it is locked, a message stating "Your account has been locked. Please call your service provider for assistance." might appear.

Make sure you are following the proper steps as per KB33260 to forward a hosted email address to BlackBerry 10 OS  device, and if you still receive a message that your account has been locked, please contact your Wireless Service Provider for assistance to have it unlocked.

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry Community Support Forums.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

New Contributor

Hello Sawks.. Thanks for replying.. but the account is not locked.. I called m service provider and checked on my BIS profile as well..
Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800

Hey amity21.

This message is in regard to the BlackBerry Hosted Email account being locked, not the BlackBerry Internet Service account.

If you receive the message "Your account has been locked. Please call your service provider for assistance." listed above, please contact your Wireless Service Provider and have them contact BlackBerry support to have the Hosted BlackBerry Email account unlocked. Once the hosted email account has been unlocked, you should be able to setup the forwarding to your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone.

If the locked message you receive is different than the message above, can you please provide the message verbatim when attempting to setup the forwarding rule?

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Sawks:

When I go to rogers.blackberry.com/html/hosted

and enter my details and submit; message comes as "your account is locked" nothing more.

I contacted my wireless provider and they have escalated the issue to RIM.

My Device: Q10

I am having the exact same issue. My account is locked. I have spoken to Rogers about it on several occassions and have received ABSOLUTELY no help from them despite investing over 10 hours with them both on the phone and at the store. My rogers e-mail account is set up properly on the phone. My e-mails show up for a short period of time on the phone and then disappear. Even more frustrating is that when people send e-mails to my @rogers.com e-mail, they get a bounce back saying the e-mail to the @rogers.blackberry.net could not be sent. So... everyone thinks their e-mails are not getting to me (they are getting to my home computer, just not my phone!). This is incredibly frustrating and it feels like nobody is willing to help. It would be nice if customers could call BlackBerry on this! As a long-time user and a shareholder, I find this very disappointing. Thanks, Mark.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

According to my information from Rogers, rogers.blackberry.com email accounts are not supported on BB10 devices.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

From what I've been able to gather, the only workaround at this time is to re-activate your old BlackBerry running BB7 or older, log into your BIS account via computer once the devices are switched, and set up email forwarding. The trick is to get BIS back on your account. Since BB10 devices no longer use BIS your carrier shuts you out once they detect the new BB10 device on your account. You use the older device to trick them back into putting BIS on your account and thereby granting you access. 

This is not a "BlackBerry approved" solution. They just say "no longer supported", but folks over at Crackberry are reporting some success with this method.

My Device: Q10

Thanks for the replies. I don't even care about the @rogers.blackberry.net e-mail. I would just like two things to happen: 1. When people send e-mails to my @rogers.com e-mail, they DON'T get a bounce-back saying that their mail to my @rogers.blackberry.net account was unsuccessful (it apparently isn't even linked anymore, according to Rogers). 2. My e-mails (to @rogers.com STAY on my Q10. Currently they stay on my phone for only a few minutes and then completely disappear from the phone.

Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated. Have a great day, everyone.