Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Unable to transfer photos from Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.3) to a Windows 10 PC

We are converting this Blackberry to another phone - and, we have very precious videos and photos on the Blackberry that we want to keep.

• The Blackberry is a Q10 (OS version 10.3 and above).
  • Blackberry Desktop Manager and Link both say that they do not support the configuration.
  • Carrier is Verizon.
  • I followed the Verizon instructions to make the Blackberry a USB Storage Device.
  • Once I plug the BB into the PC (Running Windows 10) - it is recognized as a device.
  • But, it does not appear in the File Explorer.
  • I checked to see if the device was working (yes)
  • And, if I had updated drivers (yes)
  • When I look at the device in the System overview - it states that the device is not migrated.
  • I even tried mapping it to a new drive - my computer said it was mapped to Drive E and wouldn't allow me to do it.
  • My gut feel is that this is an MS 'bug'.

I am at a loss.  Are there methods to take out the card and download the data that way? Has anyone else suffered from this malady?
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Unable to transfer photos from Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.3) to a Windows 10 PC

Blackberry is not supported by Windows 10. You can use Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 however.

New Contributor

OK - time to figure out how to download from Verizon and get an Apple Smart Phone.

Nothing better than to predict your own - except you have done so much to make yourself obsolete.

I will figure out another way to get the information as it is critical to our family.

RIM - never again!

Regular Contributor

You can transfer your images/videos to a micro SD card and then use any PC to access the card and you photos.

Hope this helps.
New Contributor

I also find it annoying that they tell me that we needed to upgrade to OS 10.3 before we could use Blackberry Desktop. And, yet - when we pushed the upgrade - they still stated that they could not support the configuration.

To state that I am PO'd is an understatement. We have videos (on the phone) of a special family member who passed away recently - and, we can't get to them.

This is not a Windows issue - or, a BB issue. It is an issue that no one really cares why people are asking the question.
Regular Contributor

I certainly understand your frustration with comparability issues and technology. It does seem that we the consumers are often left to figure out the solutions.

But in this case you do have options. Almost any PC not running Windows 10 and/or transferring your videos/pictures to a micro SD card and then using a PC to access the SD card (usually with an adapter). You can get your precious memories off of the phone.
Good luck.
New Contributor

I am not downgrading. I will find another way - in the meantime - best to get on to a new technology. I spent the better of my entire weekend trying to do this - NEVER again.
Regular Contributor

Your best option here is a SD card. As the Q10 only has 16GB of on-device storage you should be able to purchase a 16GB micro SD card with adapter for less than $20USD.