Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: KOODO

Video focus problem

When shooting video with my new BBQ5, the video focus keeps re-focus, re-focus, re-focus during shooting rendering the video virtualy usless. Any ideas? 

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Video focus problem

Some ideas...

• is the focus indicator white or green.  Wait until it's green before recording.
  • are you too close?  What happens if you step back?
  • is it too dark?  What happens if you are outside?
  • is the subject wearing monochrome or reflective clothing?  Aim for the head.  Did you know you can drag the focus indicator to the head instead of keeping it at the screen center?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: KOODO

Re: Video focus problem

Thanks for replying.

vfk wrote:

Some ideas...

• is the focus indicator white or green.  Wait until it's green before recording.
  • are you too close?  What happens if you step back?
  • is it too dark?  What happens if you are outside?
  • is the subject wearing monochrome or reflective clothing?  Aim for the head.  Did you know you can drag the focus indicator to the head instead of keeping it at the screen center?

Good light bad light doesnt seem to matter. The video continues to search focus and ruining the video.  The same thing happens inside or out. I would prefer infinity and stay there. The subject is always moving in a video because we're panning and the subject is moving. It's too sensitive or something.