Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Virgin mobile Canada

I'm having endless problems connecting my Q10 to the internet via Virgin Mobile; thus far I've talked to Virgin support eight times, but I still get an error message, "No internet connection".

I have the Silver plan, with 100 MB of data, specifically for Blackberry.

Phone & texting are okay.

Are others experiencing this same problem??

Thanks for any help.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Virgin mobile Canada

Hi have a feeling the folowing is the problem:

Just to let you know, 100 mb data for the Q10 or Z10 is very low. If the service provider has a cap on data usage after the plan is used up the service stops. We typically use 1GB data plans at minium with this type of smart phone. We found the average data usage is between 400 mb to about 700 mb per month if the phone is used primarily for email and very little web browsing.

Jerry G.
Regular Contributor

Jerry G., thanks for the reply.

I know 100 MB is very little data, but this is not the problem. I have not been able to connect to the Net AT ALL ...so I have used no data yet.

It seems there is a problem between Virgin & the Q10, and thus far Virgin Support has not been useful. I'm going back to Best Buy and let them figure out the problem.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

It's not Best Buy you need to be talking with, it's Virgin....AGAIN. They either fix the problem or escalate you to BlackBerry support, no ifs,ands or buts.

So call Virgin again and tell them you want a solution or a phone exchange (for another Q10, of course). Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, BillJ.

I have talked to Virgin Support ...again. Thirteenth call! The problem seems to be in making the data connection to blackberry.net. They have referred the problem to a higher tech level, but up to a day could be needed.

I"ll post after I hear from them, and confirm that, finally, I have data service. I like the Q10, so I hope this works out.
Regular Contributor

BTW, I said I'd talk to Best Buy because the manager at this store seems to really know what he's doing on the tech side. He had told me he thought the problem was related to Virgin's connection to blackberry.net.