Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telstra

Warranty with Telstra

Hi there,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section first of all, I'm having difficulties at the moment regarding warranty with my Blackberry Q10 on Telstra.

I bought my new Blackberry about 6 months ago and ever since I've had various software and hardware issues such as but not limited to;

-Trouble receiving texts and calls
-Icons not responsive to touch in the homescreen
-Software updates not working/never completely updating
-Keyboard buttons becoming overly responsive to the point where typing becomes almost impossible (eg typing any buttons on the left side presses 'alt' or on the right side 'symbol'
-Messages constantly freezing and becoming unresponsive (however I am told this is a known bug?)

These are the major ones, there are several more however I know the BB10 OS isn't perfect and does have problems at times.

I have dropped it (less than 30cm onto wood decking) but many of these issues occurred beforehand and issues such as the keyboard beginning to die didn't begin until about 3 weeks after.

I've read over Telstra's and RIM's warranty and they're both somewhat difficult for me to understand but Telstra have told me if there's any physical damage to the phone they can't repair it.
(There's a small scratch, ((not a crack)) on the screen and a dint in the corner which was enough for them to say no)

So I'm just wondering in regards to RIM's warranty, if the phone has problems unrelated to physical damage can it be returned? If so to whom?

I understand if not, just thought it'd be worth looking into!

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Warranty with Telstra

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Warranty is a contractual matter between buyer and seller. If you bought your device from Telstra, then the terms of your purchase contract are what dictate your coverage. BB may have more or less stringent demands in their warranty, but that is actually irrelevant...BB was not a party to your purchase transaction, and hence is not directly a party to your warranty. The BB warranty states what BB will cover, but that only applies as a matter between Telstra and BB...it does not, technically, apply to you.

Your appeal is with Telstra...if you feel that they are not abiding by the terms of your contract with them, then your recourse is to escalate with them and/or to local consumer protection agencies, etc.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................