Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Etisalat

What is wrong with Research in Motion???

The following features were available on older versions but removed on BB10:
1. Auto On/Off. Now nothing like that & it's very useful Smiley Sad
2. One-press speed dial from home screen which is now a long process (about 3 clicks)
3. Grouped recent updates in BBM. Bb10 updates kinda scattered.
4. Notes app. 'Remember' is **bleep**!
5. Date on status bar. Can only be seen when u swipe down for settings or on the lock screen.
6. Simple off feature. Only flight mode or full power off (booting takes forever).
7. Support for multiple profiles. Must it be a setting for all cases?!
8. Ability to easily access files via usb.
9. Ability to change fonts and apply 'bold' or 'italics'. Bb10 only changes font size.
10. Ability to quickly toggle NFC & mobile Hotspot. In bb10, you must navigate your way through the slow settings app!
I can go on and on but.......
The question is WHY? Aren't newer models & upgrades meant to improve on existing ones?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: What is wrong with Research in Motion???

In many ways, BB10 has improved on previous models. Unfortunately, there's give and take with every new OS and you've managed to find some of the 'give'. If you look around, I'm sure you can come up with quite a bit of 'take' as well (and don't forget that BlackBerry issues frequent OS updates which usually add features).

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.