Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

When starting a search, the first letter often doesnt appear... any way to fix?

There is an issue I keep running into with my Q10 running 10.2.1... when type a key to enter 'search mode,' if I press the next letter too quickly, then the first letter doesn't show up in the search. Has anyone else experience this? Are there any ways to get around it (other than just typing the first couple letters slowly)?

I often get four or five letters in and then realize I need to backspace to the beginning and start over which is kind of painful since there is no way to backspace an entire word at once.

If I am searching the web I'll usually leave the first letter off since the search engine generally figures out what I meant. Is there a way to 'wildcard' search the phone at all times so that, for instance "ave" would bring up "dave"?

Another question- is there a way to force the phone to auto-correct any word it has an idea about? Sometimes auto-correct works but quite often I select a word (ugh, painful again) on the screen and there is a list of words to choose from. Usually the first word is the one I meant to type.

Thanks all,