Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Why Has Blackberry Dropped T-Mobile

I expressly bought my Q10 from T-Mobile because T-Mobile has the best and most cost-effective network in my area.  Now I get an email from John Chen indicating that Blackberry has yet again shot itself in the foot.  It was not an easy decision to stay with Blackberry.  The new OS stinks.  There are very few apps and a big chunk of Blackberry's effective connectivity with all of Microsoft Outlook's featrues were lopped off.  Now, they are going to dictate which carrier I can use?  I'm in a two year deal with T-Mobile that JUST started.  I got my Q10 for $99, but if I discontinue service I owe them $500 more.  So thanks Blackberry for sticking it to me yet one more time.  When the terms are over with T-Mobile, rest assured this will be the last Blackberry I own after using them for over 15 years.

Contributor

Re: Why Has Blackberry Dropped T-Mobile

It only means that you can no longer buy a Blackberry directly from T-Mobile. But I see no reason why it would no longer be compatible with their network. Many folks use phones with networks that do not sell that model / brand.

With Windows 7 and 8 I've had very few problems syncing Outlook 2007 with my new Q10. I assume newer versions of Outlook work sell too.

The newest verion of BBOS 10 allows you to install most Android apps as well as the Blackberry ones,  so I don't think you're missing much there. I agree that Apple's iPhone apps will not work.

I think Blackberry's decision to play hardball with T-mobile is a good thing. But, if someone walks into T-Mobile with a BB,  I see no reason why they won't let them use their service. A BB will just not be offered as a 2-3 year contract 'subsidized' phone.

My wife just got an iPhone 5s and I picked up a Q10. So far I do not regret my choice :-)

Russell

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10, Q10 and Playbook

I received an email from Chairman Chen today, 4/2/14 concerning T-Mobile's lack of BB support and offering a $100 discount off of a purchase of a new BB10 phone.

That is well and good but NO Z30 is offered in the promotion!!?? Does anyone know why hte Z30 is excluded from this promotion?  It seems to be only fair to may ALL the models available for this pormotion....

I was SERIOUSLY considering the purchase of a Z30, but not hesitant to do so if the BB Chairman doesn't consider the Z30 "worthy" of this promotion...  I'm REALLY trying to be a Blackberry supporter but the lack of the Z30 in the $100 discount promotion is leaving a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth (and pocket as well)...

Any thoughts from other forum members

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I think BB will live long enough to make T-Mobile regret their actions!

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,347
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

2gwm wrote:

That is well and good but NO Z30 is offered in the promotion!!?? Does anyone know why hte Z30 is excluded from this promotion?  It seems to be only fair to may ALL the models available for this pormotion....

Because in typical marketing, your premier device is rately discounted.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Someone mentioned previously that they are able to download 'Droid apps onto their OS10 Blackberry.  Can anyone tell me how to do that?  I lost a lot of apps when I switched up to the Q10 -- many providers simply stopped offering separate Blackberry apps.  I have a Google account, however when I try to install 'Droid apps on my Q10, I receive an error message that I don't have their player on my device and I can't seem to find this app on Google's site.

JSlavitt wrote:

Someone mentioned previously that they are able to download 'Droid apps onto their OS10 Blackberry.  Can anyone tell me how to do that?

The best way... read this:  You Upgraded to OS 10.2.1 and want to run Android

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Here's the guide I used:

http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-apps-your-blackberry-using-google-chrome

I'm sure there are other guides on the Web ...

Russell

The one I linked above is on this site, perfectly clearly written by a true veteran of BlackBerry users, John Clark... and without all the Crackberry chafe chiming in.

Knowledge Base Updates

Your advise on how to install SNAP worked perfectly!  Many thanks!