Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900 - v2

Hey all,

continuing this probably the most popular threat in this forum so far. just read that BB might actually introducing trackpad and function keys in the new bb device. great news as far as i am concerned and in their face who said this will never happen (SandersJ you know who I am talking about).

quote: This would definitely make for an awesome BlackBerry 10 device as one thing that Q10 and Q5 users have noted is that they dearly miss the trackpad and function keys. It could also help make for an easier transition for those users coming directly from a BB7 device to BlackBerry 10. While BlackBerry hasn't confirmed the device, It would make sense for BlackBerry to go this direction and John Chen did also recently say that future devices “will have some of the features our power-users love”. 

http://crackberry.com/newest-blackberry-10-device-could-see-return-trackpad-and-function-keys

p.s. I also read on twitter that the new CEO is going to exchange his pearl into Q10, this shall be fun as well Smiley Wink))

Super Contributor

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900 - v2

[ Edited ]

if anyone wantes here is the link from previous thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/Why-I-m-giving-up-my-Q10-to-go-back-to-the-Bol...

the idea of this topic is that we explain why we think 9900 (OS7) devices are better than new OS10 device, specifically Q10. 

this topic should be only shut when there are no excuses for using os7 against os10. 

there is still one big thing which is BIS though. BB should give us the option to choose whether we want BIS or not (for instance in the set up of the phone). 

Super Contributor

also read an interview from Forbes magazine with John Chen he compared bb to Porsche, they small segment but they are doing alright. this explains why they make Porsche bb devices. and also mentions that bb shall have a keyboard, no words on touch screen. 

I didnt also know that Angela Merkel switched to bb (no idea which device) once she found out that USA hacket her phone (what device?).

this guys seems to understand what to do with this company, hope he has the gutts to do it. 

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Augusts, are you "giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900"?

or just trying to still have that tail wag the dog?

What device are you using now?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

tail wag the dog - what does that mean?

i'm using 9900 as a first phone and q10 as second (for few weeks already)

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So you haven't given up your Q10 and gone back to the 9900?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

i got it arnd a yr ago and sold it off, now got it again few weeks ago just to check whether the new update has done the job. not for me, sadly. 

any dates when this new phone will be available with trackpad etc?

p.s. just watched the samsung galaxy s5 presentation.. pretty cool new technologies and ways & places to use the phone.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Oh geez...here we go again.

This isn't a forum for the Galaxy S5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

augusts, Please try to find a Galaxy S5 board and post over there.

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: T MOBILE USA

SEE WHAT I WROTE ABOUT WHY I GO BACK TO TORCH AFTER SPENDING MONEY TO BUY 2 Q10 IN MY FAMMILY..AND PLEASE LET M KNOW IF U HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE...

THX

DEAR RIM,BLACKBERRY COMPANY for me blackberry is only phone which had sense to work as business tool! BUT WHT U DID WITH NEW Q10?? 1) MOUSE.. first u should go back to wheel, who was much more handyer and had clicks! but ok,even normal mouse on TORCH is ok, BUT WITHOUT MOUSE! SORRY? it is much much more difficult to navigate and hit with finger different points of screen 2) COPY PASTE: guys, thx to mousee copy paste was easy..NOW IS NOT EASY 3) "FORWARD AS" FUNCTION: but for what in this world u turn off this function??NOW I CANT FORWARD MY TEXT AS PIN,OR MY EMAIL AS PIN! WHYYY:smileysad:(( 4) EMAILING PICTURES: but how is possible that blackberry after all this year turn off feature which PERMIT TO CHOOSE SIZE OF EMAILING JPG FILE!!! but how is possible such a thing? 5) SYNCH!!! BLACKBrry LINK, 10OS IS NOT SINCRONISING MY NEW OUTLOOK ON WINDOWS 8...simple as that..and i cant put my 5000 contact..WHAT I DO? 6) TO UNLOCK DEVICE... onTORCH: u just start to type password, on Q10 u must to wake up phone,move a screen, and then type: ONE MOVE MORE, why? 7) HUB... it is worst then TORCH, on TORCH i had ICONS ON ALL MY ACCOUNTS ON MY HOME SCREEN, WITH BETTER SIZE, AND I COULD CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO PUT AND IN WHICH ORDER..on HUB I CANNOT DO IT....and HUB is too small icons,always i have to recall with my finger and then scroll down...MORE MOVES,LESS OPTIONS,NOT GOOD:smileysad:(( 8)SCREEN: of course too small, u guys u were supposed to make PHYSICAL KEY BOARD PHONE WITH BIIGER SCREEN OR SLIDE AGAIN..CANT B SOME GUY FROM LA MAKE "TYPO" INVENT with your keyboard and you didnt come up to this idea: GIVE ME Q 30 WITH POSSIBILITY TO LOCK IN PHYSYCAL KEYBOARD..of course with OS who has all what 0S10 killed.. 9) BATTERY could b better, same as on torch,1 day,maybe even less then torch 10) SOUND FANTASTIC,SPEAKER PHONE FANTASTIC, THIS IS MY BLACKBERRY 11) KEYBOARD E X C E L L E N T! PORSHE DESIGN FANTASTIC, CANT B BETTER 12) EARPHONES: FANTASTIC, this LITTLE RING OF GUM TO KEEP INSIDE EAR. F A N T A S T I C!! 13) SKYPE FANTASTIC FEATURE, FINALLY VIDEO IN BLACKBERRY 14) BLACKBERRY MAPS MUST IMPROVED, i need TRANSPORTATION feature, and possibility to keep names of streets big font, not no matter how much i zoom in, names of streets always small what to do? i have now 2 Q10 home, i would like to give it back to RIM, if they want to refund me, good, if not not. BUT I DONT WANT THIS Q10 ANYMORE, I CANT USE IT:smileysad:(..i bought on AMAZON NEW SLIDING TORCH FOR 150 DOLLARS WITH MOUSE, WITH OLD 7 OS, AND IM HAPPY. BUT MY HEART IS CRYING SEEING WHAT SAMSUNG OR APPLE R DOING. so please, do something, if not, im afraid in septembar i go to FIRST PHONE WITH 5 INCHES SCREEN WHO WILL HAVE PHISICAL KEYBOARD TO ATTACH..hopefully will b Q30 but with new better version of OS LOOKING FORWARD