Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: mtn

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Tried connecting it this morning..and it did connect...BT like you said..can't sync any data
Contributor

and no button to answer the phone - only sliding/swiping.

how do they expect us to use this phone in the winter?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Whether winter or summer, this phone has a lot of shortcomings, not only the telephone ...
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Fido

Hello BlackBerry,

Can you please consider a Bold 9900 + 2.8" Super AMOLED Display, LTE capable, 2gb of ram and dual core processor?   And call it Bold 9980?   I promised i will upgrade!

I had downgraded to my 9900 from my Q10 for 1 week now (had the q10 for 3 wks)...  happy as ever.  love my emails, short cuts, speed dialing, copy and paste etc....  but misses some of the hardware upgrades on the Q10 and the upgraded BBM..

sigh...

sorry guys... just really needed to vent.

Contributor
My Carrier: Tmobile

I'll take a bold 990 supped up version also! I went back to my bold after a week of complete frustration!
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

An improved 9900 would be so much better....I would upgrade immediately.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Just joined this forum because of this thread....I've been a lurker in the past but never felt the need to post so never created a username...so hello everyone (at least everyone in this section)...

First I want to thank the OP for this thread: My "restricted options" worries and suspicions are somewhat confirmed after reading all comments. After paying a visit to my local T-Mo store yesterday 22.06 when I went in specifically just to "play" with a Q10, it was an immediate scratching-my-head moment, so now I'm researching what people are saying.

I want/wanted to upgrade from my 9900, which I love dearly for almost 24 months now - purchased the day she came out in south FL, 31.08.2011, and was only 1 of 5 phones shipped to my local store for Day 1 of sales..that was a good day! The Bold was an upgrade from my beloved Pearl 8100 (the dreaded white screen of death killed it months prior to the 9900 release and the USB port is missing 1 copper contact so no luck backing anything up :-[[ That was a sad day)

The Q10 I realize is running a new platform but man,  I'm not excited anymore about upgrading... my 9900 just needs a new battery right now as it's bulging a bit and only keeping charge a few hours if used slightly...and I'm NOT a slight kind of user...

Until the OS10 is updated "properly" I'm guarding my Bold with my life! My work phone is an S4 on Verizon, and yeah its a cool toy but the BB is a "communication device" which is what these were meant for in the first place! I'm not a big app person and don't engage in games and such. And guess what? My work email  also goes to the 9900 and that's the device I'd rather use 

to respond lol... did I mention I HATE touchscreen keyboards? (Hence the need to edit my post right now)

I sadly fear for BlackBerry's future....keeping my fingers crossed.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Fido

Why go head to head with someone to create something similiar and lost your own identity...

Speaking of which im using my samsung S3 to make this post. Love my s3 is a good personal device. At the same time, keeping my 9900 for "business". Cant find any other email machines like it.... especially not the Q10.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

A 9900 for email and calls and a Samsung Note 2 or 8 for everything else may be where we end up. Or RIMM turns the keyboard into a programmable resource.
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Does anyone think RIM is actually listening to us (reading these comments)??? Or are we just wasting our time. I've never written in forums before this. Started writing hoping that RIM would do something about the issues...yet no response, and one software update later, not much has improved... By the way, another issue I'm having is that when my phone rings, the screen sometimes goes dark and I can't see the number / person calling and sometimes I can't even answer in time... Another very irritating bug. Also no chance of hanging up quickly after the phone if the screen is also gone dark.