Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

If you are nomophobic about a dead battery, consider an MoMax battery pack.

I like these external packs because....

• they can charge more than one device at the same time
  • when you get a new phone, you don't need to throw away the battery or battery case, these external batteries just plug into a generic USB plug
  • it can charge my tablet.... ie the Playbook
  • compared to other batteries, they have a higher mAh (capacity) for the amount of money I pay
  • I have not seen anything as compact and capacity as the Turbo.... yet

If you must, you can go to airplane mode and dim the screen on the phone to get more life

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

You don't really need those expensive external packs. For "emergency" use, I always have a spare standard battery pack for my 9900. Under 2G and heavy usage, even the standard pack is good for more than a day.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm leaning towards the Bold 9900 over the I-phone 5, even though the Bold is "outdated". I really just need the battery to last me about 12 hours with moderate to heavy email, text messaging, FB, browsing and call use. I also have the Bluetooth on as well, and always on vibrate. Based on your comments, it seems like a 12 hour battery life span is not impossible to achieve, so I'm fine with that. I have to order my phone from the AT&T store, since all Bolds were sent back already. I do believe that it's 4G though. At least that's what I was told.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

The BEST battery solution for the Blackberry 9900 / 9930 is from Seido, the battery last ~26 hours with my heavy use, it can easily outlast your activities all day,,,,There is also a protective case specifically made for this bigger battery that feels GREAT in the hand....

Battery,

Seidio BACY30BB9900-BK Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930

Case,

Seidio CSR5BB9900X-BK SURFACE Extended Case for Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery for BlackBerr...

Regular Contributor

@spetrakos:

In my opinion you're well off with the 9900 für business use in comparison to iPhone. I wouldn't personally consider the 9900 to be outdated. Of course, it's not the right choice for intensive browsing etc.

As to the battery use, I also have Bluetooth turned on all day with a head set. As mentioned earlier, I have no problems with 12 and more hours of usage under 2G mobile environment. I'm not even aware that the 9900 has 4G or LTE generation capabilities. Nonetheless, 2 G in my opinion is enough for general use and doesn't drain the battery as much as 3G/2G+3G.technology. Changing the mobile settings in this regard is quite simple. If I then need somewhat more speed, I will change to 3G and then go back again.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Fido

I also find that 2G is sufficient for emails, bbm and text.  It gives me double the talk time and standby time. 

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafoen

I'm with you.  My 9780 was much nicer to use than the Q10 that I picked up yesterday.  My partner's iphone 5 is a better phone than the Q10.  I think I'll sell the Q10, go back to the 9780 and buy an iphone 6 when it's released.  What a let down.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

So the update is I went to the AT&T store just to find out that the Bold 9900 cannot be ordered anymore. It's also out of stock online, suit seems like they just pulled the devices. I was extremely close to getting the iPhone 4S (not the 5 because I didn't like the size), I had my wife rooting me on (she has the 4S as well), and I told the salesperson I couldn't do it lol. I returned the Q10 because it bothers my eyes, and I'm staying with y 2011 Curve for now. Come on BlackBerry, let me spend a day at our headquarters, and I promise I will come up with a phone that all BlackBerry users will love, including users that have converted to other companies over the years.
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

Here in the UAE(Dubai) there are PLANTY of 9900 GSM units for sale, they go for around $420usd, Also the Permium 9981 sells like hot cakes despite the high price........Blackberry users are still buying them(BBOS) despite the fact that all the BB10 line been available here for a while now(z10, q10, q5)......

The BB community have spoken, and BB financial shows it! %60 BBOS shipped in 1st Q of 2013
%40 BB10 shipped in 1st Q of 2013

Blackberry MANAGMENT, """ Wake up! """
Regular Contributor

As long as BlackBerry management contends that slack sales are due to the beginning of a life cycle for OS10, the will be showing that they are oblivious to a real world and are neglecting their previously staunch supporters. I am still pleased with my 9900 and consider OS10, independent on which device, to be unusable for my purposes and needs.