Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

@Robert

"S10" optically good in principle. OS 10, definitely no!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AndyZed wrote:
I fear that the S10 is more or less a joke, but if it actually is in the pipeline with OS10, it will be useless.

There is no such thing as the S10, check that link, it's actually some 'concept' drawing from a BlackBerry user hopeful.

• The A10 (full 5" touch screen with 2GB ram) is the next BB10 in line after the Z10, Q10 and Q5.
  • The 9720 device (very Bold like, but a keyboard more like a Curve) will be out this year also, running OS7.1
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafoen

My Q10 now lies idle.  If any of you want it I'll happily sell it and take a loss.  It's less than two weeks old.  Fortunately I had a spare iphone 4s in the house which I my opinion is a far better device than the Q10.  However, when I get a spare moment I'm headed back to Vodafone to reactivate the sim on my 9780.  What on earth did BB think they would achieve with the Q10?  I happily tell anyone who asks that the Q10 is a piece of **bleep**.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

You're right, heraiz.

BlackBerry had a clear history of evolution moving from the side wheel to the track ball and then to the track pad. Aside from this, the revolutionary development of the functionality itself is catastrophic. Every simularity to a "business phone" has been discarded.

I am still a satisfied customer with my 9900. And, if I want to browse, I use my Note II. It's just like an amphibious automobile. You can't always get the best of all worlds into one device.

Time will tell, whether BlackBerry management made the right decisions with OS10, so radically changing a "running system".

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

I'm going back further, to my previous 8000 series.  No notes or tasks sync, and no speed dial or voice dial (blackberry still working on why 2 handsets won't hear my voicedial commands).  Blackberry seems to have created a car with the brake pedal in the trunk and the steering wheel in the glove box.

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

...You know what they say... "Time waits for no man!"... I fear that this is the case here too. This Q10 model is a complete Question for me (and many more out there) as it managed to disappoint all the business users that were the true followers while it failed to offer something better than them other smartphones out there... I for one was so satisfied with my 9970 Bold that had the BlackBerry keyboard we all know and love (including the signature function keys...) AND a touchscreen that was so efficient and thus combined the best out of both worlds! So what went wrong with them people who manage the fates of the company that was out there to impress us? Why the wrong turn and the pain?... The 9970 was almost there - if it wasn't for the slow browsing.

I was told yesterday via BBM Channels that the homescreen speed dialing "we'll be fully addressing this in 10.2 with some support in 10.1 MR" stated by Michael Clewley, the BlackBerry 10 Program Manager, as well as addressing improvements in the UI for answering and rejecting calls.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

Excellent Analyses by Jeff Kagan,
"BlackBerry's 15-Percent Solution!"

I feel this is the type of article that fits right into this thread!

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/BlackBerrys-15-Percent-Solution-78469.html

[ Edited ]

heraiz wrote:
Excellent Analyses by Jeff Kagan,
"BlackBerry's 15-Percent Solution!"

I feel this is the type of article that fits right into this thread!

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/BlackBerrys-15-Percent-Solution-78469.html

I agree with much of what the author has to say, but he's obviously out of touch with what BlackBerry is currently doing, or he wouldn't write this paragraph in the article:

"Three, BlackBerry should introduce two different kinds of new devices. One could be the Q10 and Z10 with their completely new and different user interface and operating system. Two should be more familiar to existing users of the Bold and Torch."

Last I checked, that is EXACTLY what BlackBerry has done (60 days before this author wrote this article). So it makes me wonder what else this author is not aware of?

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

A "like" for message 217 for the mention of the V 10.2.
But when?
Cheers,
B.
Bernard