Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafoen

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Do yourself a favour and throw it into the river. You won't regret it.
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

SELL SELL!!!
Contributor

No, don't burden anyone else with a piece of **bleep**, throw it away. The Q10 and Z10 should never have gone to market in the first place.
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

I didn't want the environment to be burdened either... That's why I suggest "SELL", but let's get creative!! Give it as a gift to your kids or to your competitor!! That will teach them!
Contributor

Or offer to the museum as an example of how not to build a smart phone. Or hold it up as a perfect example of a "dumb" phone.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: stc

I agreed with most of your comments 

I didn't buy Q10 I bought Z10 for 600usd but after 3 days used I went to market find a way to sell it to buy Q10

my old device was Bold 9900 and used it for one year only after that the motherboard of the device dead 

I could not believe that Z10 used you can get it only for 300usd and it is still in the original packing when I ask why they said because no one like it... I could not believe that Q10 have the same problem however I spend days and days just reading about Q10 before doing any step but I am still can't understand or believe why things like that could happen with a company like BlackBerry...

We are talking here because we have loyalty to BB and this is our feedback to improved them self

but as a smart phone the step they took was a bit far away 

We all know we can't make everyone satisfied however we could try

my small advice to BB as follow

just make a survey for the 1 billion of your customer I am sure you will get minimum of 100000 people reply

after that focus them interested points and there you are

amazing phone that most will be satisfied with it

however we are not against BB but we are trying to be part of your successful

the last 3 model Z10, Q10 and now Q5 mmmmm I wonder who will take now a chance to try one more new device after that disappointed 

if you agree with me BB will not be exist if we stop buying them product this is why any company teach us always the customer is our boss because end of the day we are getting our salary from him.

BlackBerry please don't do other company mistakes

All the best and I will be back to Bold 9900 until future announcement

Kind regards,

Emad

Contributor

That is a well-considered appraisal of the problem. It's too easy to be critical without being constructive. However, I think BB need to know that they have alienated their most most important resource, dedicated BB users. Only constant complaining will bring that to their attention.
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

quote from: http://bgr.com/2013/07/16/blackberry-q10-z10-sales-slowing/ shows in figures that we are not talking BS here Smiley Wink

12:10 PM

BlackBerry posted fiscal first quarter results that missed analysts’ estimates by a wide margin. The company’s surprise loss was obviously troubling, but even more so was the fact that BlackBerry 10 device shipments came in at 2.7 million units, missing consensus figures by a wide margin despite the fact that this was the Z10′s first full quarter of sales and the quarter in which the Q10 launched. Following the company’s results, Jefferies & Co. analyst Peter Misek is now reporting that BlackBerry has slashed combined Z10 and Q10 orders to 1 million units per month, a 50% cut from the 2 million units BlackBerry had on order each month. In a note picked up by Barron’s, Misek says he’s not surprised by the cut at all, but rather is surprised that BlackBerry had previously “raised build plans at the end of May despite the worsening sell-through in the back of the month.” Misek still has a Buy rating on BlackBerry shares with an $18 price target.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

After one weekback on my 9900 I suspect the answer is that the user interface design team RIM purchased was staffed by touch screen users. The Q10 is not really a keyboard phone. Literally dozens of keystroke based actions are missing - deleting emails from an IMAP server with two key strokes for example. Fundamentally the interface designers knew that typing text had to be done with the keys but did not come to the keyboard paradigm with the full keyboard experience. Those designers could not have been Bold users. After my first week back with my old Bold, the efficiency of the Bold and its character as a mundane email and phone work horse is overwhelmingly clear. It isn't a fun device. It works. But since the Q10 has all the keys, the solution is clearly a software/interface design issue that can be solved if the company seriously wishes to keep its core users. Most of us will wait and see before writing BB off. (I haven't sold either my Q10 or my BB shares.)
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

not funny but http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/7/18/4534266/nokia-lumia-vs-blackberry-sales-q2-2013

quote: With this quarter's mixed financial results, Nokia revealed that Lumia sales were up to a record high of 7.4 million. That means that the company sold more Windows Phones last quarter than BlackBerry sold phones. Just one year ago, BlackBerry was selling almost two phones for every one Lumia Nokia sold. It's a stark change of fortunes for the Canadian manufacturer, and appears to reaffirm Microsoft's statement that Windows Phone is now the third-place platform for smartphones. Of course, sales and shipments aren't everything; both companies are currently struggling to turn a profit, and face different challenges to reverse their fortunes.