Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

i am also frustrated of what BlackBerry have brought to the main stream. I do love the bold 9900 and had a chance to work 1 week with the Q10. First impression where just about a great style of the phone but it narrows more and more to be a unuseable device.

• You need to use the touchscreen to make some noteable interactions (getting a call - swipe it - the way it does i missed some calls that way)
  • hanging up a call you also blindly stear on the touchscreen due until the call its black ...
  • the touchscreen itself is a bit lacky some time, i cant count how much i had to repat steps to get certain activies done
  • removing the three main keys (phone on/off call / trackpad) is the worsest thing i ever experienced. If you dont have it you will miss it hardly and your beginning to turn into touchscreen maniac....
  • having no BES without paying the dataplan and the BES license (which shouldnt kill as much but why to have it if you could connect also thorugh activesync?) is for small companies a no go - i love BESX and we still remain with this service until BlackBerry is dropping it
  • haveing BESX let you access corporate files within a fingertip if needed. The Q10 if not used with the new BES and only for activesync enabled feature needs to open a vpn connection to the corporate network only to gather files and folders or accessing internal servers. I cant loose this feature since its too often used.

sure you could say. just get the bes 10 lic and plan and your set. no your not. haveing activesync and bes 10 is no real option. you could easely take any other mainstream device to pull your emails, calendars, notes or addressbook entries. This feature is way back the time we count on BlackBerry.

• concentrating mails into a hub ... how painful it is i cant tell as much, i do really find this kinda annoying
  • emails with activesync comes to the device but you cant decide how much content to be pushed to the device (this feature is still dramatically and one of the favor for bandwith compression we choosed for)
  • a real big thing is the security concern of the architecture which BlackBerry should stay for - if you loose this you also loose your broad community

which things are left?? the keyboard is good and a bit better compared to the 9900. But this wouldnt be the choice to stay with the new Q10 cuz the trackpad which is a great feature is missing to the device. it saves really time to do things on the BlackBerry .

I also decided to return the mainstream phone to the reseller and do love to hold a bold9900 which i cant really imagine to swap with another device.

I also give it the way, BlackBerry should rethink on its rootpath !!!! to stay in a decent business area for users wo love to write mails with a keybord equipped phone, get instantly emails...and not beeing blended to mainstream devices. I dont play kungfu or chicken **bleep** while moving around. i dont need a touch interface to be cool and show off my friends and colleagues how fancy it is to move balls in games to the top of the screen. I did bought a BlackBerry because for what it stand for. Beeing reachable for business contacts and get informations quick and short. Write emails on the device without getting sick by typing 4000 words in an email...get notifications instantly as they arrive ...

thats why i also turned back to the Bold9900 which is far the best working device into business enviornment as now and further time on...

Contributor

I remembered another thing I took for granted before on the older models, "menu > M" on the messages to Mark All as Read.

I cannot do anything remotely close or even ½ as fast here on this infernal Q10.
Contributor

I like made up french words. 

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: LIME

Good luck with your bold! I'm just going to dump BlackBerry Once and for all! I am sick and tired of this inconvenience! My Q10 refused to restart after the 10.1 software plate I did tidy! I did a battery pull and can't make calls. I've been sitting here trying to download the software via blackberry link and after 2 hours and 25 minutes, it is at 3%. Ridiculous! My greatest regret is that choice! Shame!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10 and 9900 and Porsche Design 990
My Carrier: At&T

CLEANED UP VERSION HOPE IT IS CLEAR FOR POSTING MY APOLOGIES FOR THE RANTING AND VENTING BUT I NEED A DEVICE THAT IS FUNCTIONAL!!!!!! Thanks to all more intelligent than me for their comments!!!! luisorevueltam5152 wrote: Thank you Robert Vance for verbalizing coherently, what many of us feel, These are some of the posts, I have hopelessly been writing,, I have owned Blackberry for years, lately I have carried an I Phone to review work attachements, take photos, maps, and Internet searches. Nothing is still better than the BB key board, and its cursor and buttons, to handle bussiness issues and correspondence, yet i continue to grow increasingly frustated and dissapointed with Blackberry / RIM, self inflicted destructive path to compete with social and gaming devices , and their corporate blindness to continue to improve a logiacal and efficient system backwards. An interactive phone with an active screen and a keyboard is neither,,and all it has done and continues to do is frustate a client base that is seeking a device without a personality conflict. Why not stick and improve the Z 10 to compete with Apple and Androids, and just let the Old and Reliable Keyboard and Buttons communication device WITHOUT AN INTERACTIVE SCREEN, continue to be the sttaple of a company that once was the leader in communication devices. Let Apple and Androids exist and give it your best shot with the Z 10, BUT PLEASE!!!!!! STOP MESSING AROUND with the device that made you what you were and just improve graphics and accesibility!!!!!!!!! Hope some body hears and pays attention Luis o. Revuelta M. As an insane architect that has to deal with a thought process from a user perspective, and make sure we deliver proper functioning buildings on time and budget as much as possible, I continue like a fool to purchase Black Berry phones with a key board AND an INTERACTIVE SCREEN, that continue to regress in an effort to be either an I Phone wanna be or a bi-polar split personality device like the 9900 and Q10. I dislike intensively touch screen phones and much less the logic or lack thereof the Cupertino Products have. Yet RIM in a down spiral, rather than stand their ground and improve a product that was solid as a business device, continues on what it seems a Kamakasi mission to self destruct itself. Why in heavens not just give the option to deactivate the sensory screen to those of us that not give a darn about an interactive screen..???????!!!!!!!! I insanely purchased the Porsche Blackberry, and eventually, returned it because the sensor that lights the keyboard could not be adjusted since the well and thinly proportioned letters and graphics could not be read properly in certain light conditions. I then purchased the Z10 in the hope, it would function smarter than my non-upgraded 4s I phone , (so I can use the maps,), and I am returning it before the 14 days are over. I proceeded to order a Q10 the same day I purchased the Z10, and of course the same frustrating, insane , regressing, non logical issues, all of you in a very intelligent and polite way are complaining in these blogs are also consistent in the Q10. In the Q10 manual it says in page 32 " what makes my Blackberry 10 device DIFFERENT from other Blackberry devices", first it should have said " BETTER", but it would not have bern accurate,,,,at this point, as a die hard, BB, user it hurts to tell everybody that has asked me and continue to make fun of me for being a BB defender,, it is " WORSE",,, At this point I am also returning the Q10, and may have to join the ranks of the Samsungnites,,,,,please help,,,,,,a keyboard device and the ability to move cursors during typing, and to other files without having to place your finger on a screen, that reacts to unwanted commands,,,,is what make BB great and the most logical device in the market,, Stay in the gaming and social media sector and compete with Cupertino and the others with the Z10, but please, please, do not continue to make live miserable, to those of us that need a logical, sensible, efficient and intelligent, business device.,,,,before you go out of business,,,,please, for your sake and ours, those of us that still hope there is some common sense at RIM. luis revuelta architect If i am typing , corrections appear in the spacebar, I cannot use the space bar, until I accept the suggested word or spelling, and then back to delete it AND THEN RETYPE THE DARN WORD I WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!! I received a notification for update 10.1.0.2030, but in the internet I saw a video that explained how the new update 10.1, gave the option again , to search topics quickly as before in MEMO /NOTES, this was for me a daily cheat sheet, and reminder , besides my calendar entries, the video also showed other new options as well, After the Download, I went straight to Reminder, Notes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND THE NOTHING AGAIN!!!!! My comments are not directed to people at RIM, who,,,I am convinced are trying to self destruct themselves, with no sense or care in my opinion of the loyal brand users for years of the Blackberry devices. By the way I own an old 9900 which I am reactivating, and purchased a Q 10 AND a Z 10, the latter in the hopes of getting rid of the I phone , I use for seeing attachments, photos, maps and miscellaneous Internet,,I am returning the Q 10 and the Z 10,,,I am tired of the overall consumer abuse in our society,,,, Sorry for the venting and thanks for your tips,,,,, Hearing voice mails experience: Tried to hear my voice mails, which By the way I had heard before, The system asked me , ( did not give me the option to skip,) to set the language, ( I bought the darn thing from AT&T in the USA, and of course the **bleep** instructions are in,,,Yes you guessed " In English"!!!!! The nice female recording voice then proceeded to force me to set a password which I did not want to do, She also again forced me to select a greeting which at this time I did not want to greet anybody,,,,and still continued to give me a goddamn tutorial,, sooooooo!!! I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HEAR MY DARN VOICE MESSAGES, AND THE TUTORIAL LADY IS PROBABLY STILL GIVING DARN INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!! Ending a call experience: To end a call one has to either wait until it the call drops off, or continue to hear the caller or caller you,, or in my case , since I lock the **bleep** screen to avoid activating some unwanted function or drop the call inadvertently,, I THEN,, have to turn the screen back on, and then ,,,,, carefully hit with my index finger ( more and more I will start using the middle one ) ,,the red letters " end call". WHY WAS THE SIMPLE, DIRECT AND EFFICIENT " END CALL" BUTTON WAS TAKEN OUT????? Sending a text message experience,,,to a telephone number in the call log or call recently finished by the smooth process described above,, When having to GENTLY AND FREAKING CAREFULLY, touch with your finger the right hand of the screen, as to not call back the number you just finished speaking and who you had to turn the screen back on to hang up because there is no end call button any more AND You are trying to add to contacts, ( which was very efficient before),, you have to succeed in getting the options on the right hand side to open, pick the symbol" I", for call details, scroll, so the options for calling back or texting finally appear,,, BUT APPEAR HALF CUTOOF IN THE SCREEN FOR AN APPARENTLY SOFTWARE SCREW UP,, THAT OF COURSE WOULD BE FIXED IN 10.1, WHICH I ALREADY DOWNLOADED FROM AN OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION FROM ATT AND BLACKBERRY,,,ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT NOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,IS NOT YET FIXED !!!!!!! , luis o. revuelta m. I feel one thing is to make changes to improve a product and the other is to make changes for the sake of change to fool customers into buying a " new and improved product" , that is not improved, but as a matter of fact is worse than before. Is deleting the side button which I had set to access contacts quick an improvement? Is deleting the scroll and the access buttons to quickly move the cursor and answer or end a call quick an improvement.? Is not been able to have the option of texting from a recent call log number, as quick as before an improvement? On page 32 of the Q 10 manual , there is a heading with the sentence, " what makes my Blackberry 10 device DIFFERENT from other Blackberry devices", first it should have said " BETTER", but it would not have bern accurate,,,,at this point, as a die hard, BB, user it hurts to tell everybody that has asked me and continue to make fun of me for being a BB defender,, it is " WORSE",,, I have only blackberry 2030, which I had hoped was not only resolve the issue of allowing the number and name of contact to appear, but,,,, nooot, another of my frustations is the new 10.1.0.2030, was supposesed to allow you to search in the notes app, as in the 9900, without having to do a multiple series of steps of swipe, go to global search, type the search,, scroll the results,,, and THEN pick to open,what you were looking for in the first place,, before you went to notes inmediately had the search window, typed the first few letters, and boom you had what you needed,,,,, but with the new 10.1.0.2030,,, did NOOOT, happen either,,, NOT having an end call button, is also really incredible to me, since i lock the screen to avoid adding calls or activating an undesired function, on the active screen,,,i have to unlock the screen, then press end call sometimes more than once , to end the call, better be careful what you say, because a lot of times the call lingers way past , the end of the conversation,,, very dissapointed,,,,,,,, Thank you J Sanders, and I figured as much, that this was a way of Blackberry to curtail the obvious frustration of people with their product,,ironic is we are all frustrated because we still prefer BB over Apple and Androids, and instead of going out of t heir way to listen to Brand Loyal customer base , they take the consumer for granted. Why does not RIM, have a customer care line or email,,,? If they continue this way pushing the limits of customer satisfaction, they will go down, it is frustrating and unfortunate, please let me know how I can get to somebody without having to play the game of going up the ladder of level 1,2,3,4 etc. Many thanks in advance, Luis O Revuelta M --------------------------------------------------------------- Please click here to access the community.
Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: 02

Just got home and my BBQ10 has lost my home WIFI profile from my saved profiles yet again. So for the third time this week I need to re-input it and password and save. Any suggestions anyone or is this the level of service that I'm now to expect from the state of the art "built to keep you moving" Q10 handset!?
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

Luis, and all fellow sufferers out there! A promotional brochure that details all the events and activities for the Q10 launch in Hong Kong found itself in my office the other day... The bottom line is that the device is promoted as a lifestyle enhancement tool rather that the business tool we all hoped it would be... Such brochures circulated in hair salons and restaurants, in hotel lobbies and even in grocery stores as our APAC Marketing Director explained... She then went on to present a few significant quotes from the brochure which I have included here below for your perusal: Title: "BLackBerry Q10 Smartphone Launch Promotion" "Introducing the new BlackBerry Q10 smartphone. Every feature, every part of this BlackBerry Q10 smartphone has been crafted with precision and designed for ultimate performance. It delivers all the speed and connectivity its users demand to help them keep moving." "To celebrate the launch of the eagerly anticipated BlackBerry Q10 smartphone in Hong Kong, I love Hong Kong brings you a month long promotion offering fabulous offers and rewards and opportunities to win great prices." Btw, the promotion run through the month of July and expired on 7/31. "Celebrate the launch [...] in style by taking advantage of an exciting range of exclusive lifestyle offers [...]. Whether you are looking for Michelin star dining or wine tasting experience [...]." It then goes on and on presenting offer after offer, ranging from lower hotel rates and limousine service (under the "all work" section) to numerous cocktail, wine and dining options (under the rather extensive "all play" section). There is also a contest - "I love BlackBerry contest" - where "contestants submitting the most original and creative ending to the sentence 'I Love BlackBerry because ...', as judged by I Love Hong Kong, will be selected as winners [...]." For the people who are still of the opinion that the Q10 is a valid, reliable and worth-to-have "business tool"... I wish we had this information earlier for you guys to enter the contest, win it and buy the rest of us - yes, those with the opposite opinion... - a few drinks at the restaurants and wineries that make up the lifestyle list for "all play" in that promo!! My best, John.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

IoannisFCN, that's not a BlackBerry-produced marketing brochure, but I know you're grasping at straws to try and prove to all of us others who are and have been using the Q10 for business, that we just aren't.

I spoke a friend of mine today, also in Hong Kong, who is using the Q10 in his business. Is he lying or a figment of your imagination since you say the Q10 is a not a business device? lol

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

JSanders... It is one issue that we try to voice our concerns about BlackBerry's direction with regards to the Q10 and why this has lead several of us to revert to our 9900 Bold - just as the title says - and quite another to have to endure your highly sensitive commentary to such opinions. But if it pleases you, you are very welcome too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and while you are at it please ask your "friend" about the validity of the promotion I mentioned... The point I have tried to share was about the marketing direction and the target group chosen for this promotional activity. That's all! Now as for the "business part", the group I work for - a billion euro plus business, a listed multinational organization spanning over 50 affiliates in 3 continents, employing approximately 250 bb users across the world has opted not to support the OS10 platform, whatever that means... It is in line however with some other posts that were recently published on this thread. Whose loss do you think this is? Don't answer this rhetorical question... And please do yourself a favor and stop taking things discussed here personally! Best, John.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

John, I'm not taking it personal.

You're posting "opinion" as "fact", and it's not fact. It is your opinion as to whether this is a "business device".

And , the promotion you speak of in Hong Kong is not a BlackBerry promotion but that of a third party.

Whatever, seems you are the one taking it personal. If you do not like the Q10, then get the device which best serves you. This is a peer to peer, user-based community support forum. You know that. If you don't like getting reactions and responses from other users, whether agreeable to you or not, then I say it is you who is taking it personal. You keep making "me" the issue in this thread, when you can't support your complaints about the hardware/software of the Q10. I am not your adversary in this. Please quit making it as such.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code