Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Thanks to all for the comments.

BBRY should go through the list, but I don't think they will.

Perhaps another adjective for it is "cutsy"...it surely isn't efficient as the Bold is. 

BBRY got rid of the track[ad / trackball / thumbwheel that differentiated them for over a dozen years...

regards,

GeorgeB

Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea

Each day I learn a few good features I also discover what has been missing from the past os 7 on 9900 - when you are in love you only want that person keeps getting better n better and not transform overnight and wake up to an alien... the biggest setback to loyal BlackBerry users is that they have been suddenly confronted with an alien with only 1 thing from past n that is qwerty..manual key pad.. yes that was & is still very relevant but transplanting a new heart... whew..!! is terrible feeling - we miss the options / back / renaming files / send as / bb-dots/ smart keys some what / low resolution mms type video clip recording for ease of transmitting speedily n to several / save message folder / BlackBerry 9900 was the best I ever used and any day better than iphone but unless something is done real fast the disgust will grow and anger will multiply as no body wants to remain orphaned but can have patience if papa (bb) is in icu for getting well - plz act fast real fast
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jessef wrote:

First off, thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I attempted to start a similar one on Crackberry but I seemed to be in the minority. I read the majority of the posts on this thread tonight on the train on my way home from work and this thread has acted almost as a therapy session for me.  I started to think that I was in the minority and that all of the things that I love so much about blackberries prior to OS10 were not actually appreciated by anyone else but me!  I just called verizon and arranged for an exchange for 9930.  Here are my reasons why I'm giving up my q10...

1. no spell check prior to sending. It spell checks AS you type (which is before you send, as well). Turn this on at Settings > Language and Input > Spell Check
  2. no holster options. For example, no way to have an email open upon taking phone out of holster or no way for phone to go into vibrate mode automatically when in holster  There are some holster options coming in 10.2, but I don't know specifically about what you've asked.
  3. no track ball  won't be.
  4. Copy/Cut and Paste is nearly impossible OS 10.2 improves the copy/paste functions, much better in my opinion

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

Hi everyone,
This board has been helpful, but after 6 weeks I am getting to like the Q10, but my original frustrations are still with me.
1 cannot change the default '$'
2 Copy and Paste is manageable with "larger Font"
3 Text List OR NO text list, is a pain
Contributor

Yes agree that a sincee attempt gets you at a manageable situation in about a weeks time. Comfy situation in 2 weeks and an authoritative.. may be only after a solid upgrade...

I repeat one needs faster cut n paste, group forming, saved message folder. Hopefully back key and options by some key control by those familiar 7 dots

With 100s of video files an option to remame file etc..sufficient inputs are provided but updates coming too slow
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Updates coming too slow? There is a new Leaked OS almost weekly.

John Hanks

hmsingh wrote:
With 100s of video files an option to remame file etc..sufficient inputs are provided but updates coming too slow

Open your File Manager > touch and hold any video file > touch the [AB|C] icon to rename that file.

Again, I'll say it would be simpler for you to ask questions about how the device works than to keep saying it doesn't.

hmsingh wrote:
 Hopefully back key and options by some key control by those familiar 7 dots

You won't see hardware changes like that on the Q10. Who knows what a model next year might have.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

JSanders, what abt redemption problem? your should know

augusts wrote:
JSanders, what abt redemption problem? your should know

Off topic for this thread. You're asking about the 9900 and syncing to Desktop Manager.

Check your other thread where you've posted on this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes finally I am also able to rename my files

Another point which is really important for me is to save and later retrieve mails / texts keeping the hub absolutely clear for new messages

Not all mails can be attended immediately and must be answered later on when possible