Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

While after 6 weeks of usage I am now getting better n better,..and have Almost overcome the shock I was in - I can now safely say that 9900 was excellent but this Q10 with some pAtience will be found better...I have just 2 - Last grouse, ,,1(,cant downsize videos / pictures 2) can't find all pictures / videos in one single location ..they are all scattered in multi locations..may be that can be overcome as well with some inputs at this forum
Contributor
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

Wow!  Courier delivered 2 x new Z10's from Europe for youngest son (long time BB user with Bold 9000 and 9900) and myself during last week and just a few days 'experimenting' with our own Z10's (and not restricted store demo units with 'dumb' sales staff in attendance) and can now understand why those willing to explore a new approach to using BB OS 10 and travel the learning curve have MUCH to be excited about!  Sure, we have both identified area's that could be further enhanced via software (still waiting for official release of 10.2 which promises to bring further enhancements) as compared to OS7.x but overall our opinion's of the BB 10 OS is that it has been built for business and is a powerful tool that once mastered will prove to be an efficient and valuable part of our mobile computing set-up!

Dean is already using his Z10 for remote access (using SSH) into customer sites for trouble shooting / fixing  Linux based systems and I am excited about using the 'Blackberry Remember' app plus extensive 'Blackberry hub' and eMail capabilities as the core of my mobile CRM system.

Guess this post should be in a new thread " Why I am moving from Bold 9900 to OS 10"  and apologies to anyone who is upset by my positive posting in this discussion.

Time to move on as I am now "off the fence" re BB OS 10.  BIG thanks to everyone who has posted about their experiences using the Q10 vs. Bold 9900, the discussions and debate have most certainly helped me in choosing the Z10 (as opposed to Q10 or staying with Bold 9900) as my next 'smart phone'.

Best regards to all from sunny South Africa :-)

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hmsingh wrote:
 2) can't find all pictures / videos in one single location ..they are all scattered in multi locations..may be that can be overcome as well with some inputs at this forum

Have you tried using the File Manager app? I agree the "Pictures" and "Videos" icon/apps do not work as they should and get quite confusing when trying to view all pictures or videos.

I also have "Files and Folders" app installed from AppWorld, and I really like it for a powerful file manager application.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Maybe that's what RIM should have done. Keep producing the old devices that worked and more new ones and not limit it to Qnot and Znot.

terpits wrote:
Maybe that's what RIM should have done. Keep producing the old devices that worked and more new ones and not limit it to Qnot and Znot.

If you were actually reading this thread and keeping up with the news, you'd know that "RIM" recently released the 9720 OS7.1 device...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Guys I don't get you... I think the q10 is a great phone to have... I have it almost a year now and didn't have any probs...
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

@JSanders: No, I am not reading all of the posts nor keeping up with irrelevant news.

terpits wrote:
@JSanders: No, I am not reading all of the posts nor keeping up with irrelevant news.

So, now you do know.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

@vmisirlis  Thanks for this different 'tune'.

I wish you point me to the thread (if you have done one) where you explain how you are using Q10 which makes you happy with it.

There are various ways of being happy with something. Yours is probably the most appropriate for using Q10.

Help me fighting my hesitation to go Q10.

Thanks again,

Bernard

vmisirlis wrote:
Guys I don't get you... I think the q10 is a great phone to have... I have it almost a year now and didn't have any probs...

You've had the Q10 for almost a year now? Lucky you... it's only been released since early May of this year.

Knowledge Base Updates