Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Since owning the Q10 I have not had any issues with it. I do know some features were left out ( that i want back) and are coming back at some point in OS 10.2

I do agree that with the 100s of features of OS 7.1 and prior should have deen in there from the start but BlackBerry did redesign it from the ground up. Unlike Android and other OS out there, BlackBerry has only been at QNX for a short time and it takes time to sort through code as for every mistake made takes 10X longer for the amount of code added in.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

J, he is a developer. Smiley Happy
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@ Knotty Rope:

Do you see a future for:

1.getting back the track pad?

2. synchronizing more than one and very large Outlook PST-files (total of 35GB. USB-sync is impossible at the moment!)?

3. BIS (quite important in Europe because of roaming expenses)?

4. automatic spell check before sending?

5. individual signatures for different POP and IMAP e-mail accounts (works extremely good with BIS)?

6. automatic bcc for different POP and IMAP e-mail accounts (works in OS 7, iOS and Android)?

I could add more, but that's enough for the moment.

Thanks

Andy

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kosten4 wrote:
J, he is a developer. Smiley Happy

Trust me, developers did not have Q10s a "almost a year" ago.

Some developers got the DevAlpha C device this past spring, six months ago.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Plus, the ability to run keyboard shortcuts, speed dialing from home screen and avalilability to run ToDoMatrix Pro. Those things plus Andy's list and I would be sold on the Q10. However good the software is for the touchscreen, a trackpad would be a must for me.
Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AndyZed wrote:

Do you see a future for:

1.getting back the track pad?  Nope. Not the Q10 nor a near-future BB10 device. Who knows that the future holds.

2. synchronizing more than one and very large Outlook PST-files (total of 35GB. USB-sync is impossible at the moment!)?   syncing what data? all mail and contacts and calendar and notes and tasks and what else?

3. BIS (quite important in Europe because of roaming expenses)?  Nope

4. automatic spell check before sending?  already present and prevoiusly discussed with you

5. individual signatures for different POP and IMAP e-mail accounts (works extremely good with BIS)?

already available

6. automatic bcc for different POP and IMAP e-mail accounts (works in OS 7, iOS and Android)?

Yep, I do see that returning in a coming update.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

AndyZed wrote:

@ Knotty Rope:

Do you see a future for:

2. synchronizing more than one and very large Outlook PST-files (total of 35GB. USB-sync is impossible at the moment!)?

BB10 only has 16 gig storage total for OS and email sync, not sure how you could sync all of that on any current device

Outlook 2010 has better support for large PST files so maybe combining them would help some but you still wont be able to sync everyhting

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've had the Q10 for a month, having had a Bold 9000 for four years.  I'm going to go back to the Bold, or perhaps go to a 9900 if the battery life is OK.  The Q10 just adds to the workload.  Everything requires multiple swipes whereas before I could read emails quickly with a press of a button and a quick scroll around.

Blackberry seems to know how to forget their core values. Efficiency has gone out of the window.  The Q10 doesn't even support Blackberry Internet Service. It's just another phone.  And the keypad is a waste of space.  The Q10 is longer than the Bold 9000 and needs to be held nearer the middle to be balanced.  But this places the keyboard to low to be reached.  It's all the worst of both worlds, as the screen is too small to be a great browser.

It's as if Blackberry has forgotten why they followers in the first place.  I hope they don't, for my sake and everyone else, but they deserve to be pushed out the market.

Regular Contributor

@ Knotty Rope:

I only sync contacts, memos, tasks and calender from the 7 PST files I have in use and one MS Exchange. Therefore the total data volume is no problem. However, sync with Outlook 2010 just doesn't work with BB-Link under OS10.

Regular Contributor

@JSanders:

Automatic spell check is somewhat different in OS10. The corrections in OS7 are not only highlighted, but pop up automatically when sending an e-mail. This majes correcrions much safer and easier. That's a hell of a difference.