Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Here you go...  you'll see the blue highlighted text below, where I touched and held a couple seconds, then the right side menu icons... one is the phone icon to call that number and the one icon below that is the send a text message icon.  This image is from my Z30, works the same on my Q10 with OS 10.2.1.1055 installed.

IMG_20130451.png

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Yes, does not work on 10.2.0.424 unfortunately; EE (UK) have not issued 10.2.1 yet.

Rob

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

No carrier has released 10.2.1 but it's available unofficially to install if you want to take the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

[ Edited ]

rlkswan

I'm in a bit of a different situation. Continuing to use my 9900...don't trust email on the Q10, but am using the Q10 just with a test email account (no loss if OS10 kills the email in it), to become familiiar with it.

But 10.2.1.1055 is available, though not from any operator that I'm aware of  -- look for it on the Crackberry web site - there are several threads about it. It's available as an autoloader (a very large download), and you can download it to your PC (not Mac) and install it. I haven't checked what it does to your stored emails and contacts, since I'm just trying to find out what the Q10 is capable of. 

It comes up on my Q10 (SQN100-5, had been on T-Mobile US when I purchased it used) as Software Release 10.2.1.176

While it's significantly better than 10.1, it doesn't have the essential hardware element - TrackPad - and it has slowly been adding some of the keyboard shortcuts that the 9900 has. If you use 10 or 12-point font size, and don't do 'cut-and-paste' much, it may be tolerable, and some folks like it. Browser is quite good.

Kind regards,

GeorgeB

My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Most people don't have 10.2.1.1055 and won't for many months. For sure, the 10.2 updates add a lot of improvements though.

John Hanks

GeorgeB wrote:

While it's significantly better than 10.1, it doesn't have the essential hardware element - TrackPad 

Yea, I don't see any software upgrade adding back the trackpad. You can give up on that hope.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

@JS: just for the sake of the argument: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/30833894
I was impressed with the software emulated trackpad, even though the haptics are missing.

Cool. I'd hope that developer keeps improving on it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I'm getting used to the lack of trackpad especially with the change in the current software. I think we'll have accept the Q10 is a bridging solution between iphone pure touch phones and the old blackberries. It's a compromise but one I'd rather have than an iphone right now.

If Apple ever launched a hybrid like the Q10 my loyalty might be jeopardised as the iphone has quite a few benefits including more apps and integrates better with my macbook etc. Fortunately for BlackBerry that's not going to happen anytime soon and probably never.

I think blackberry services will be phased out altogether eventually but if they address the trackpad issue down the line I think they will gain a few fans back who have returned to their Bolds.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

[ Edited ]

I completely second your notion! (Except I am still not used to not having the trackpad, and I've been using my Q10 for months)