Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

@Peter

Andy did provide at least some value, I am happy to know I'm not the only one with those grievances.

I think my solution is to revert back to my 9900 as a phone and main mail/txt/bbm/web device and use my Q10 for other features like hotspot, flash sites etc, basically a small tablet (or PDA?)

I'll wait and see what phones become available in a year's time, perhaps BB decides to bring back those buttons, or perhaps theres a new kid on the block with a new nifty device. Or maybe Apple launches a phone with a keyboard (dream on...)

Thanks for everyone's input and for calming my nerves Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I am sure BB eliminated the physical keys to make the screen as large as possible, accommodating the keyboard but keeping the phone to a sensible size. I think they got that right.

Perhaps BB will keep the 9900 in production for those who prefer it, although I suspect BIS is expensive to maintain.

Rob

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

[ Edited ]

5.77 doesnt that say something?

in febr it was 18 usd per share. i think that was abt the time when they launched this "awesome" bb10. they would have better off by not doing anything. hope we hear for a new upgraded 9900 soon Smiley Happy

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

To come here just to trash isn't helpful to anyone. Many really like the Q10. Some don't. There will always be haters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

IMO, The subject of this thread Trash the Q10, I don't find it odd for Augusts or anyone else to stop trashing of the Q10, if your not trashing here then find another thread that suit you better. Consider this thread a space for US that want to Vent out against the Q10.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This is a thread for posting your opinions of the Q10, not trashing BlackBerry as a whole and discussing stock prices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Unfortunately this thread has reached its nadir in terms of its usefulness.

There are millions of Z and Q10's out there. For those that have and like them, with the software improvements that have been made, it is unhelpful to have an active thread that encourages people to trash them. If it could be closed I think it would help us all.

Anyway, I am signing off, and thank you J Saunders and others who have helped me with my phone. I will hopefully find you again on other threads, if I get stuck with an issue.

I originally signed on to this thread as I was frustrated with my Q10. Many of the issues I had with it have been addressed by BB updates and with work-arounds that I have found and posted on the thread. Generally I think the Q10 is a great phone if you prefer a keyboard, but also need to browse the internet at times.  My principal use of it is as a PHONE and for texts and emails.

Rob

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Hey guys

I think most of us (at least myself) who end up on this forum/threat, end up here because of all the frustration. Usually (I speak for myself) it helps to vent, and then try to return positive.

I'm doing my best to be positive and I'm willing to try the latest software, but my biggest concern is still the fact that we I am forced to not have predictable hardware navigation buttons. And as someone else also noted, no software update will resolve that...

For others who would like to vent, you are welcome to do so on the threat I started (before realising the existence of this threat), called "BB Q10 - VERY Dangerous". You might even have a bit of a laugh at me (or with me?!)

I do feel strongly about the fact that we (speaking about those who want the good old navigation back) should raise our voices, just maybe BB decides to bring a BB10 phone based on the Bold 9900 design (what an awesome device!).

It would have been nice if BB could now, after most people have upgraded or had the chance to upgrade from Bold to Q10, have a user survey to try and establish if people want a) All touch (Z10) b) All touch with keyboard (Q10,Q5,Q30), or c) Hardware with touch as a nice-to-have alternative (Previous BB's like Bold).

I think there will always be a group of people who will never give in in adopting Touch technology. This is also my reason for not downgrading to Windows 8. This is also why Android will not easily see me again.

So, if you wish to vent, you're welcome to do so on this threat: "BB Q10 - VERY Dangerous". Leave this threat for positive thoughts and solutions. (I trust I have the threat composer's approval to say this)
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Share price goes is hand with bb10 performance and makes a point. The same point that many users have addressed in this thread. Im juat supporting my and others opinions with facts, this time share price.
Guru II

The track pad is gone. It's not coming back. The swiping is the very essence and heart of BB10. I'm all for suggesting and pushing for software enhancements but a track pad is not coming. The lack of a track pad is NOT the reason for a low share price as that was headed downhill while track pads were the norm.