Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Read below;

http://fxn.ws/18UoPoX

The process has started bye bye blackberry and to be honest this is what you get for leaving your customer base. 9900 ruled but the OS 10 was a major mistake. Blackberry should have not tried to become an iPhone because if we wanted an iPhone why would we buy a Blackberry. This is the start of a very sad time when blackberry will be nothing more than a phone on display in history.

I especially like the comment in the article "continued brain drain". Now I know why I can't get any solutions to all my tech issues.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Not the first time a "sell" rating has been given to BlackBerry by one company or another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

And it also probably won't be the last time you see that, either.

Is my memory hazy or did Apple not find itself in a similar situation many years ago?

Thank you for your comments. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BBUser20yrs wrote:

Blackberry should have not tried to become an iPhone because if we wanted an iPhone why would we buy a Blackberry

1. BlackBerry never tried to become an iPhone. That's why they are SO very different devices. Believe me, if BlackBerry would have wanted to become an iPhone, you'd have a BlackBerry (like an Adroid) which is pretty much just like an iPhone.

2. You haven't been a "BBUser20yrs", i.e., a BlackBerry user for 20 years. That in itself is a factually incorrect.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

JSanders don't pretend to know me or know what I have been using for the last 20 years.  Everyone here knows you work for blackberry and same as the company you can't seem to realize the company is folding.

OS 10 will be the final nail in the cofin of Blackberry and up until OS 10 was released I was a blackberry fan and still love my 9900 but I have now switched to the iPhone and the 10 each Q10s I ordered for my company were boxed up and the carrier gave me a full credit.  That should tell you somehting.  The reason for this is because of them getting rid of BIS which made great sense for global travelers like myself who didn't want to mess with BES and didn't want huge roaming bills.  Someone like yourself who sits on his computer and posts over 75,000 times wouldn't understand this because you probably haven't traveled out side where you live so the term data hog means nothing to you or the staff at Blackberry.  With the Q10 becoming just another data hog I might as well get the iPhone which has much better apps and runs a whole lot better than the OS10.

your personal attack on me lets me know you are running out of excuses but keep defending the OS10 and tote the company line. 

Contributor

As of today

Apple is selling for $561.36

Blackberry is selling for $5.97

I agree Apple went through some tough times when Steve Jobs was removed.  Do you remember why this happened?  Apple forgot their customer base which is exactly what Blackberry is doing now.  Blackberry has always been the business phone and great for roaming internationaly.  That does not exist with OS10.  I am sorry I have been a blackberry fan for years but I just can't see why they dumped BIS which was the traveling persons best service.

Look at their sales report most of their sales for devices have been 9900 and not Z10 or Q10 phones.  Why do you think that is?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

You act like there is no difference between BlackBerry and and iPhone.

There are many differences that still make BlackBerry better for many of us.

Replacable Battery

More Freedom, not controlled like the Soviet Union

Significantly better keyboard

Removable, expandable Storage

Better Security in most cases

Not looking like Fisher Price toy

Standard ports as required by the EU

Not designed for tech simpletons

John Hanks
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Although I agree with lots of what BBUser20Years is saying, jhanks64 does make a few VERY good points we can't deny.

You can't insinuate that BB10 = iPhone, but it is true that BB10 is striving towards the "touch era".

I still believe that touch technology is a nice-to-have ADDITION, but your primary controls (navigation buttons) needs to be hard physical buttons with real feedback when you press them.

Yes, I do go on about the hardware a lot, but MAINLY software is written to support hardware. If the company decides to implement a new "feature" like say a facial expression sensor, the hardware guy would simply add the sensor and the software department will face all the stress of getting it to work AND satisfying the client/user. And for me, the CORE of the problem lies with the hardware design.

If Ford decides to build a new-age car and they replace the pedals with a touch screen. How many accidents do you think there will be until the software guys manage to sort out all the glitches? Do you think the entire society would want to adopt that technology or is it possible that people who has been driving for more than 20 years would simply change over night?

Yes, software improvements will improve most problems and resolve some problems, but software can't resolve ALL problems if the fault is with the physical design.

Although I completely hate Windows 8, I do have to give Microsoft credit that you can use Win8 on a completely touch device OR a completely physical keyboard/mouse device. BB almost managed this with the Bold 9900 and OS7, except the navigation was mainly done with the hardware navigational controls. If BB used the same physical design of the Bold 9900 (with performance upgrades like more RAM and better CPU) and based OS10 on that and on a all touch device like the Z10 and made sure that both physical functions and touch functions worked, then we would have had a much better device and neither Apple nor Android would even have been mentioned on this threat.

I really take my hat off for all BB's efforts. And the improvements they made in such a short period of time really shows they are willing to improve what we've got. But if they really listened to their customers, they wouldn't have brought out a Q5 or Q35 before they brought back the hardware navigation buttons first. I mean, they could have spent that money in developing a new phone with the right stuff rather than a cheaper version of a phone many are not happy with as it is.
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Nobody has been a Blackberry use for 20 years unless you mean the fruit

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Mike1London, you are completely wrong. Chuck Norris has been using BB for well over 20 years, and his iPhone has a keyboard.

Have you guys seen that new Volvo add where Arnold Swatchenegar stands between the two trucks? Did you know Chuck Norris was actually driving both trucks!

...on a lighter note