Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

On new devices
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BES is and has been available in ALL new devices.
As a matter of fact, it's been one of BlackBerry's continuing growth areas all year long.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Bis
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BES 10. It exists and is actually quite popular and widely used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh. You kept asking about BES. Two different things.
BIS is still available also. On legacy devices. That's all been discussed ad infinitum in this thread already.

It's very doubtful you'll find BIS on any upcoming #BlackBerry10 models.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

They could just make a device that lets customer choose whether he/she wants Bis orno bis. This is software as far as i know and could be done. This choice could be done once you first start up the phone.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

They could. The business choice was made to begin phasing out BIS. When it went down (which was rare) it was big world news and very bad press.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

I'm not against BIS, it did develop a bad reputation among governments after the terrorist attack in India few years ago(2010?), which they believed that BB units and secure BIS network was used to coordinate the attack, since that time about 3-4 countries threatened Blackberry to stop their service in their countries unless Blackberry placed the BIS servers under these countries control and placed them within their own geographic borders...

I do live in one of these countries, beside the lose of the bb communication security we use to have, I haven't noticed a big change, the most noticeable thing for me is the inability to send pictures over BBM without trying to send them over and over again till it goes through,,,,if I'm out of the country this doesn't happen anymore....
Super Contributor

I am afrraid that by phasing out bis they will phase out bb as such. Correct me if i am wrong but some 95% of current bb users use bis (old devices), most travel around. Bis is bb advantage rather than disadvantage.
Guru II

It will be supported indefinitely. They have said that.