Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

"exactly similar"???

I don't think that's even possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, All BlackBerry Bolds
My Carrier: O2

I terms of camera and hardware they are exactly the same.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Menesht12 wrote:
I terms of camera and hardware they are exactly the same.

No, they are not. Very similar, not exactly the same.

Anyway, again, this thread is for the Q10.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, All BlackBerry Bolds
My Carrier: O2

We are talking about the Q10. Thwy are exactly the same hardware and camera. Tell me one difference between them.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Menesht12 wrote:
We are talking about the Q10. Thwy are exactly the same hardware and camera. Tell me one difference between them.

Let's not do that here.  As JSanders suggested, let's keep this on topic.  Q10 issues.  Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Not officially confirmed but our local provider bite.lv isn't selling q10 anymore cos they don't want to ruin relationships with clients especially the important ones which are not happy with the device so they just decided to not to offer it anymore..
Anything similar happening around the world?
P.s. The device is getting better but even after the update it doesn't work 100% properly Smiley Sad
Guru II

The device works fine.  It works exactly as intended.  it's just not a Bold and people think it's just going to be an updated Bold.  It is not.  It is a brand new platform and device with a physical keyboard.  That is the only similarity it shares.  It's too bad the marketing was not better. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Apparently stores are "trying to get rid of" the Q10 and Z10 in South Africa as well. Both devices are available for free on entry level packages.

That said, the Q10 is really still an awesome device. I have upgraded (or could I say downgraded? Smiley Happy ) to an iPhone 5s 64GB. It really is an fantastic, fantastic camera, features, display etc. BUT, when it comes to navigating between mail and other business orientated stuff, the Q10 (and I'm sure the Z10) wins hands down.

I had the opportunity to get the iPhone and I was willing to give full touch a try. I have to say, the iPhone is more mature than BB10, but I can't say for how long, BB10 is catching up real fast.

I honestly miss my Q10 keyboard most. And in case you're wondering, my Q10 isn't for sale. I just might go back to it if the iPhone touch keyboard drives me insane.

Ok, I'll confess. I found a fantastic drag-racing game, and that is probably the biggest reason I'm being patient with the iPhone.

Guys, you should really stop complaining about the Q10, it really is fantastic. But remember, it is a business tool. Don't expect the most expensive 10ton truck to win a Ferrari on the race track just because its more expensive (if you get what I'm saying).

I still believe that if BB brought the navigational buttons back, a large percentage of their old faithful customers will return
Guru II

What's the drag racing app? It's probably available for Android and will run on the Z10 with the latest OS update.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

LOL!

It is called CSR Racing.

Would be interesting to know if it works on Z10. Q10 screen would probably be a problem